10 Best Lip Balms You Gotta Try
There’s one thing that universal among makeup fiends, minimalists and everyone in between: lip balm. Whether it’s the scent that gets you or it’s the moisture and sun protection, it’s a product that pretty much everyone uses. That means there’s no shortage of options out there, so we’ve taken it upon ourselves to narrow the playing field a bit and scope out some of our faves for you. Read on, rock on and enjoy these incredible lip balms.
1. Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm ($6): As far as lip balms go, there’s never been more of a classic. We love the strawberry scent — not to mention the vintage tin that this pretty stuff comes in.
2. Tokyo Milk Sweet Cream Lip Balm ($10): This mix of vanilla bean, spun sugar and a hint of caramelized cream will make this lip balm from Tokyo Milk one of your essentials in no time. Plus, its tiny shape makes it the perfect fit for any bag.
3. Le Couvent des Minimes Smile Mint Lip Balm ($14): If the design of this pretty lip gloss isn’t enough to get you, the minty goodness of what’s inside definitely will. It’ll leave your lips smelling great and looking dewy fresh. Bonus: It’s completely paraben and colorant free.
4. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm ($8): Sporting SPF 25, shea butter and vitamin E, this balm is as therapeutic as it gets. Its compact size makes it ideal for buying in mass quantities and sticking it in every nook, cranny and pocket you have.
5. Tom’s of Maine Moisturizing Organic Lip Balm ($4): If you’ve already got the toothpaste and deodorant in your lineup, complete the Tom’s of Maine product line with this yummy lip balm. It’s organic and follows all the same ethical and philanthropic practices you know and love.
6. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm ($4): Ah, the old classic with that peppermint feel that burns so good — we love it. This balm is made to condition skin while moisturizing via antioxidant vitamin E. It’s a hint of peppermint oil at the end that gives you that familiar tingle.
7. MD Formulations SPF 20 Lip Balm ($12): This bad boy gives you year-round protection from those pesky UVA/UVB rays that can really dry your lips out. Slather some of this on at the beach or on the slopes, and guard yourself against harmful rays with this broad-spectrum bad boy.
8. Boots Extracts Coconut Lip Balm ($7): Did someone say coconut?! It’s hard to get enough of this to-die-for summer scent that does some serious good for dried out lips. Big time bonus: It’s sustainably sourced, community-traded and organic to boot.
9. EOS Organic Lip Balm Stick ($4): If you love the eos brand but aren’t the biggest fan of circular lip balm, this stick is the answer to your prayers. Plus, if you love minimalism, the design can’t be beat.
10. Sun Bum Sunscreen Lip Balm ($4): For beach vibes whenever you want, this banana-flavored balm from Sun Bum is just what you need. Plus with SPF 30, your lips won’t just be smellin’ good — they’ll be safe and sound as well.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)