We all love our makeup when it first goes on, but by the end of your nine-to-five the story can be very different. Believe it or not, getting your #MOTD to stay all day (or night!) is easier than you’d think. So stop running to the bathroom midday to see if your mascara has given you raccoon eyes. Instead, use these simple makeup-saving tips and products — then get back to being a HBIC.
1. IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Transforming Moisturizing Super Cream ($38): It’s all about hydration, people! Give your skin the moisture it needs with this gem. It’ll help your makeup set exceptionally well and keep it from getting flaky.
2. KORRES Pomegranate Mattifying Primer ($33): In the summer months, ladies with oily skin tend to say bye-bye to their foundation by the time lunch rolls around. If you’re in that boat, use a mattifying primer on your most oily areas. That way, there’s no need to blot and consequentially wipe off makeup.
3. rms beauty “Un” Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation ($36): You don’t have to pile on concealer or foundation for it to last. Less is more, ladies — and a thin coat of this fab number will do just the trick.
4. MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Microfinishing Loose Powder ($36): If you find that your foundation becomes too shiny, too quickly, scoop up this lightweight loose powder to set it. You can also dust a bit under your base so it fights excess oil at the start.
5. NYX Proof It Waterproof Mascara Topcoat ($7): Just because a mascara says it’s waterproof doesn’t mean it’s ready for that sweaty walk to the subway. For bonus protection against raccoon eyes and smearing, this waterproof top coat will be your saving grace.
6. Physicians Formula #InstaReady Setting Spray ($13): Don’t let humid temps spoil your perfectly made-up face. Spritz this lifesaver on before heading out the door for a mattifying, long-wearing effect.
Tweet us your fave long-lasting beauty products @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.