30 Beauty Treatments, Products to Try Before Turning 30
Try as we might to deny it, the beauty routines of our 20s should be all about prevention — especially when it comes to our skincare. The good news is that there’s a whole world of beauty practices, treatments and products that go way beyond getting pricked with a syringe of Botox. Emerging fine lines and wrinkles won’t stand a chance against this badass “30 before 30” beauty bucket list.
Practices + Treatments
1. Cosmetic Acupuncture: YAASS! One of our fave holistic health go-tos are treatments for facial rejuvenation. Sessions with a certified acupuncturist can mean reduced facial sagging, diminished wrinkles, brightened complexion and, of course, some much-needed relaxation.
2. Hydrafacial: This liquid dermabrasion technique cleanses your pores, detoxes your skin, applies a peel and then nourishes your face with antioxidant, peptide and vitamin-loaded serums. Yeah, holy moly is right. It’s no surprise this ultra-rejuvenating treatment is known as the “red carpet facial” for its long list of celebrity devotees.
3. Dermaplaning: Who doesn’t adore the smoothness of freshly exfoliated skin? Make it last with this amazing process. The technique uses a surgical blade to gently scrape away excess skin cells, reducing the size of your pores, ditching pesky blackheads and giving you some heavenly-smooth skin.
4. Nurse Jamie Healthy Skin Solutions Acellerator Ultra for Face & Body ($220): If you mean business when it comes to tightening your skin, this awesome piece of at-home skincare tech is for you. Your firm and young-looking skin will def thank you a million times over.
5. Infrared Sauna: Sweating out your bodily toxins in a hot, hot sauna may not sound like a total blast, but we promise that the glowy goodness of your skin will totally change your mind. Among the many beauty-boosting perks of infrared saunas are skin purification, detoxification, weight loss, improved circulation and relaxation — I mean, could we even ask for more?
7. Fraxel Pigment Laser: If you’re ready to say sayonara to your long-lasting blemishes, Fraxel laser treatment is the answer to your beauty dreams. From acne to sunspots, this nifty pigment-erasing process will allow you to put your freshest face forward once again.
8. Laser Skin Tightening: This in-office procedure will not only boost your collagen production, but will prevent future skin sagging. Firm and toned skin can exist beyond our 20s. Hallelujah!
10. Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches With Soothing Cornflower ($24): Pamper your eyes with the equivalent of an extra dose of beauty rest when you snag these ultra-relaxing eye patches. We can all use a little pick-me-up for our weary eyes and this hypoallergenic solution is basically all we need.
11. PCA Skin Blemish Control Bar ($39): Ugh! The worst surprise of our lives had to be approaching the big 3-0 only to realize that breakouts still happen. Stick to an esthetician-approved product like this gem.
12. Dirty Lemon Beverages Skin + Hair ($65): Every green goddess knows that beauty begins on the inside — literally! Each bottle contains skin- and hair-friendly collagen peptides, silica-dense herbs and phytoestrogens that boost your skin’s elasticity and collagen production.
ever all-natural hair mask. (Yes, we’re speaking from experience.)
14. Flora Udo’s Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic ($40): You prob know that your skin is your bod’s biggest organ, but did you know that breakouts and rashes can be caused by excess toxins being released through your skin? In addition to its many tummy-soothing properties, the bonus boost of a killer probiotic can mean clearer, healthier skin.
15. Dream Skin Hydrating Pillowcase ($40): When you’re too busy being a HBIC to give your skin all of the lovin’ it deserves, let your pillowcase do the work while you snag some Zs. The chemical-free fibers of this hydrating pillowcase just may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles *and* hydrate your hair while you snooze. Yes, please!
16. Context Hyaluronic Serum ($20): Hyaluronic fillers are famous for topically filling fine lines and wrinkles, making them a must-have for our age-defying mission. This serum boasts anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties with oodles of antioxidants and all organic ingredients.
17. Ling Skincare Hi-Vitamin C 12% ($80): This cult-fave formula will give you that glowing complexion you love while minimizing wrinkles and evening out your skin. It’s got a hefty price tag, but is well worth the cost for its renowned anti-aging powers.
18. Smashbox Cosmetics O-Plump Intuitive Lip Plumper ($27): This is a fave must-have of ours when it comes to getting a perfectly plump pout. It goes on with a tingle that brings you a fuller pucker without going under the needle.
19. Sisley Paris Skinleÿa Anti-Aging Foundation ($195): Here’s an anti-aging foundation fit for a boss beauty queen. It features a gel-cream texture and brings a luxurious, satiny finish for a seriously royal treatment.
20. Bliss Ingrown Hair Eliminating Pads ($40): Ingrown hair? Nope! Not since we invested in these wipes, that is. This jewel of a product is soaked in a medicated solution to help prevent the most dreaded symptom of hair removal.
super effective — at least that’s what the product’s rave reviews say. We’re all about its amazing anti-aging formula, complete with hyaluronic acid and 18 different anti-aging peptides.
22. La Mer The Hand Treatment ($90): We totally need this ultra-hydrating formula to keep our hands looking youthful. It has brightening properties that will reverse any signs of — dare we say it — age spots that might be developing…
23. Kate Somerville +Retinol Firming Eye Cream ($85): Retinol reigns as one of the industry leaders when it comes to fighting the effects of time. This special formulation makes it gentle enough for rejuvenating the delicate skin around your eyes. Crow’s feet be damned!
defiant. It contains antioxidant-rich extracts from green tea and star fruit for a scrumptiously regenerative cocktail for your skin.
25. SK-II R.N.A. Power Eye Cream ($135): From the brand loved by Cate Blanchett comes a brand-new eye cream that helps increase wrinkle resistance so eyes look younger, firmer and brighter.
26. Shiseido Future Solution LX Universal Defense SPF 50+ ($90): Considering that the sun is the culprit for much of our skin’s signs of aging, we think you’ll agree that having an SPF shield is a must. This Shiseido sunscreen contains a high SPF and more of those age-fighting ingredients we can’t get enough of.