7 Skin-Soothing Formulas to Get You Through the Rest of Winter
Harsh winds, frigid temps and cranking up the heat indoors can leave skin dry, irritated and red. The good news is you don’t have to deal with a cranky complexion all winter long. You just need the right products with key ingredients. A few tips: Look for buzzwords on the packaging, like “soothing” and “calming.” When it comes to the formula, keep your eyes out for proven anti-inflammatory ingredients like cucumber, aloe and oatmeal. (Or embrace the weather with an icy beauty treatment.) Don’t feel like traipsing the aisles looking for relief? We’ve got you covered with the ultimate skin soothers. From face masks to body lotions, keep scrolling for the products you need RN.
1. Edible Beauty Australia & Soothe Me Balm ($50): Struggling with dermatitis, eczema, windburn or rosacea? This botanical balm harnesses the soothing properties of chamomile, aloe and gotu kola to nourish, repair and calm unhappy skin. Slather it anywhere you need a little extra TLC — from your face to your feet.
2. Yes to Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser ($5): You don’t have to spend a fortune on your daily cleanser — even if you’re struggling with sensitive skin! Keep your complexion cool as a cucumber with this daily gel cleanser. Ahhhhhh.
3. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration ($30): Ready to banish dry skin? Formulated with oatmeal, shea butter and ceramide, this head-to-toe emollient cream is a saving grace for distressed, even eczema-prone, skin.
5. The Body Shop Aloe Vera Soothing Day Dream ($20): Even the most sensitive skin will love this derm-approved daily moisturizer. This fragrance, dye, alcohol and soap-free formula contains community trade aloe vera to deliver gentle, calming hydration.
6. Aveeno Skin Relief Gentle Scent Body Wash Nourishing Coconut ($7): This creamy, coconut-scented body wash is formulated with oatmeal to soothe and moisturize winter-ravaged skin. Plus, it leaves you smelling downright tropical — so much so that you might forget it’s January (even just for a moment).
7. Jergens Soothing Aloe Refreshing Moisturizer Lotion ($5): You can nab this refreshing, moisture-locking lotion for just $5! Seriously. The fast-absorbing formula — a Hydralucence blend, cucumber extract and aloe vera — locks in moisture for 24 hours.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)