7 Skin-Soothing Formulas to Get You Through the Rest of Winter
Harsh winds, frigid temps and cranking up the heat indoors can leave skin dry, irritated and red. The good news is you don’t have to deal with a cranky complexion all winter long. You just need the right products with key ingredients. A few tips: Look for buzzwords on the packaging, like “soothing” and “calming.” When it comes to the formula, keep your eyes out for proven anti-inflammatory ingredients like cucumber, aloe and oatmeal. (Or embrace the weather with an icy beauty treatment.) Don’t feel like traipsing the aisles looking for relief? We’ve got you covered with the ultimate skin soothers. From face masks to body lotions, keep scrolling for the products you need RN.
1. Edible Beauty Australia & Soothe Me Balm ($50): Struggling with dermatitis, eczema, windburn or rosacea? This botanical balm harnesses the soothing properties of chamomile, aloe and gotu kola to nourish, repair and calm unhappy skin. Slather it anywhere you need a little extra TLC — from your face to your feet.
2. Yes to Cucumbers Daily Gel Cleanser ($5): You don’t have to spend a fortune on your daily cleanser — even if you’re struggling with sensitive skin! Keep your complexion cool as a cucumber with this daily gel cleanser. Ahhhhhh.
3. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration ($30): Ready to banish dry skin? Formulated with oatmeal, shea butter and ceramide, this head-to-toe emollient cream is a saving grace for distressed, even eczema-prone, skin.
#FridayFacial selfies anyone?
5. The Body Shop Aloe Vera Soothing Day Dream ($20): Even the most sensitive skin will love this derm-approved daily moisturizer. This fragrance, dye, alcohol and soap-free formula contains community trade aloe vera to deliver gentle, calming hydration.
6. Aveeno Skin Relief Gentle Scent Body Wash Nourishing Coconut ($7): This creamy, coconut-scented body wash is formulated with oatmeal to soothe and moisturize winter-ravaged skin. Plus, it leaves you smelling downright tropical — so much so that you might forget it’s January (even just for a moment).
7. Jergens Soothing Aloe Refreshing Moisturizer Lotion ($5): You can nab this refreshing, moisture-locking lotion for just $5! Seriously. The fast-absorbing formula — a Hydralucence blend, cucumber extract and aloe vera — locks in moisture for 24 hours.