Everyone has that one person in their life who’s always bringing a freshly baked batch of cookies to the office or whipping up homemade cinnamon rolls for weekend brunch. We like to call them our “favorite person in the world,” but you might just know them as your mom, your coworker, or your significant other (you lucky person, you). Of course, you simply must encourage this person to indulge in their baking hobby as much as possible by getting them some thoughtful kitchen gadgets as gifts. Because the more cool kitchenware they get to use, the more cookies you get to eat.
1. KitchenAid 5-Qt. Stand Mixer ($430): No baker’s kitchen is complete without the mother of all baking gadgets: the KitchenAid standing mixer. This baby comes in tons of gorgeous colors, has 15 available attachments, and can make anything from cookies to bread.
2. Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale ($19): Cooking is an art, but baking is a science. And all bakers know that the best results come with precise measurements, which is why a kitchen scale is so useful.
3. JK Adams French Tapered Rolling Pin ($13): A French-style rolling pin has a tapered shape that can be pivoted for paper-thin and perfectly round dough. Any dedicated baker definitely needs this tool to upgrade their pies and pastries.
4. OXO Good Grips Adjustable Measuring Cup ($12): For bakers who want a multi-functional gadget, this adjustable measuring cup cuts down on all the clutter by helping them measure different amounts with one tool.
5. Finedine Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls ($25): If your baker bestie loves to keep organized and needs durable vessels for their delicious recipes, these stainless steel nesting bowls are just the ticket. They’ll feel like a bona fide pastry chef every time they use them.
6. AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat ($10): Your personal Betty Crocker can cut waaaay down on the amount of wax paper, parchment, and foil they use thanks to these silicone oven mats.
7. Rubbermaid Commercial Stainless Steel Oven Monitoring Thermometer ($17): Not every baker is blessed with a high-tech, heat regulated oven, and sometimes the old-school models can run too cool or too hot. Take the guesswork out of the equation with this handy thermometer.
8. Wilton Decorate Smart Small Cake Leveler ($10): Your friend can say goodbye to lopsided cakes forever! This leveler will slide through any uneven edges for a professional finish.
9. Wilton Bake Even Strip Set ($10): Any tool that brings your baking buddy closer to perfection is an amazing gift in their book. These handy strips will ensure their cakes rise evenly every time.
10. Wilton Angled Icing Spatula ($8): Does your bestie dream of icing their cakes like those bakers on Cake Boss? This is the tool they’ll need for perfectly smooth icing (and even some artistic flourishes).
11. Keliwa 12-Cup Silicone Muffin Baking Pan ($10): Cupcakes are fun, but they create a ton of waste. Any eco-friendly baking enthusiast will love this silicone pan that makes those paper sleeves totally unnecessary.
12. Joie Silicone Devil Oven and Toaster Rack Puller ($3): This little “devil” will be a godsend for your friend’s kitchen, saving their fingers from painful burns.
13. Tovolo Pancake Pen ($10): Whether your friend is dabbling in pancake art or just looking for an easy way to apply icing decorations, this pancake pen will become their go-to tool for countless uses.
Do you have a favorite baking gadget that you would recommend? Share it with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.