The ’90s-Era Bodysuit Is Having a Moment
Jennifer Beals’ dance number in the ’80s classic Flashdance first put the bodysuit on the sartorial map (along with leg warmers, of course). Shortly after, everyone from ‘90s-era supermodels to grunge kids solidified the one-and-done garment’s iconic status. Now, this essential clothing item is back in a big way. With the help of a little technology, bodysuits are having a major fashion moment. The fabrics are long-lasting, seams are flat (no vpl), and they don’t bunch in the crotch (phew). Consider these smoothing pieces as the base layer to keep you warm all season long minus the pesky task of tucking. It’s time to stock up on a slew of suits for winter; they’ll be your best friend when the temps start to plunge.
1. Wolford Colorado Stringbody Bodysuit ($250): This turtleneck bodysuit has been coveted by celebs for decades. It is pricey but well worth the splurge.
2. Every Bodysuit by Knix ($72): Brand new technology from Knix gives you a sleek bodysuit with a built-in wireless bra. It gets bonus points for having adjustable straps and an extra row of hooks in the crotch to fit different body lengths.
3. Seamless Deep V Bodysuit by Lively ($45): Soft and stretchy ribbed fabric hugs just where you want it to without feeling clingy. The deep V front and adjustable straps make this everyday bodysuit wearable all year round.
4. Alix Sloan Cutout Bodysuit ($175): This layering bodysuit totally holds its own among your wardrobe MVPs. The high crewneck looks great under sweaters, while the cutout neckline adds a little something special to pair with jeans.
5. Commando Faux Leather Tee Bodysuit ($98): Your dressed-up tee just got better. Wear this under everything for instant wardrobe elevation.
6. The Bodysuit by Everlane ($30): Soft double-layered Supima cotton delivers when you want warmth and comfort.
7. ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo One-Sleeve Bodysuit ($195): Take off your jacket and wow everyone with this sexy one-shouldered bodysuit.
8. Yummie Ruby Thong Bodysuit ($34): Build your winter wardrobe around this editor-fave undergarment that offers light control to smooth any trouble spots.
Looking for more stylish layering pieces? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.