12 Celebrity Cookbooks to Satisfy Every Appetite
Most celebrities are known for their dramatic performances or killer vocals, but we’ve learned that many of our favorite stars are major foodies at heart too. Sure, some celebs’ cookbooks are known for not quite being up to Julia Child’s standards, but there are definitely more than a few celebrity recipes we love. Whether you’re looking for the perfect cookbook for a grad or you’re just trying to finally put all that healthy food Instagram inspo into practice, there’s a celebrity cookbook here to help. Here are our 12 favorites.
For the Health Nut
1. Everyday Super Food by Jamie Oliver ($35): Healthy food rock star Jamie Oliver shares his personal tips and recipes to make healthy food exciting, colorful and fun in this new good-for-you cookbook.
Favorite recipe: Golden chicken skewers in yellow pepper sauce with black quinoa
2. The Portlandia Cookbook: Cook Like a Local by Fred Armisen, Carrie Brownstein with Jonathan Krisel ($25): Whether you’re a fan of the show or just trying to figure out how the heck this eating local business works, this cookbook is a great resource for anyone trying to eat a little closer to home.
Favorite recipe: Baked manchego cheese-filled dates with Marcona almonds
3. It’s All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Turshen ($32): It’s hard to believe that this healthy eating bible is almost three years old. Queen of healthy living Gwyneth Paltrow shows us all of her healthy eating prowess in this beautifully photographed cookbook.
The Taste and her own television series, it’s pretty safe to say that Nigella knows what she’s doing in the kitchen. This cookbook takes the stress out of cooking with easy-to-make recipes that are perfect for the just-starting-out chef.
For the College Kid
Favorite recipe: Thai noodles with cinnamon and shrimp
5. Kitchen Revelry: A Year of Festive Menus from My Home to Yours by Ali Larter ($32): Being at college on food-centric holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving is hard enough without trying to learn how to actually cook the grub. Luckily, actress Ali Larter’s holiday scrapbook has all the things you’ll need (minus the grocery trip) to impress you dormmates this holiday.
Favorite recipe: New York steak with herb butter
6. Livwise: Easy Recipes for a Healthy, Happy Life by Olivia Newton-John ($20): As a survivor of breast cancer for nearly 20 years, Olivia Newton-John isn’t just dear ol’ Sandy — she’s a healthy living guru. The recipes in this cookbook are easy to make and good for you too. Let’s be honest — you could use some more healthy foods in your diet during those college years.
Favorite recipe: Chickpea patties and carrot salad with papaya and orange dressing
7. Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Chrissy Teigen ($30): When Chrissy Teigen isn’t making us belly-laugh on Twitter, she’s experimenting in the kitchen with her momma and John. This cookbook debut from the model-turned-social media star is packed with family-style recipes that will be a definite hit at your next soirée.
For the Party Hostess
Favorite recipe: Sweet chili and mustard glazed salmon
8. In the Kitchen With Kris: A Kollection of Kardashian-Jenner Family Favorites by Kris Jenner ($26): Don’t go calling us krazy just yet. Notorious momager Kris Jenner actually has a few party-worthy recipes in her debut cookbook, despite the Amazon rating.
by Tony and Marc Danza ($17): When Tony Danza isn’t reliving moments from Who’s the Boss?, he’s at home with his large Italian family cooking up some spectacular food porn. Thankfully, he and his son released a half memoir, half cookbook with everything you’ll need to know to prepare the perfect Italian meal.
NCIS, Pauley Perrette’s dream was to open a Southern-style bakeshop in Manhattan. She finally achieved this dream with her two best friends a few years back. Packed with delicious treats, this baking book is definitely a must-read.
For the Badass Baker
Cake Boss, Buddy is known for creating elaborate cakes with hidden surprises — including wedding cakes with live doves and cakes that spout real flames. In this book, you’ll find Buddy’s top tips and recipes to create your very own masterpiece without a call to the firefighters.
Favorite recipe: Chocolate brownie clusters
12: The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook: Sweet Treats for the Geek in All of Us by Rosanna Pansino ($30): As the host of one of YouTube’s most successful baking shows, Rosanna Pansino offers up geeky recipes that will add a splash of nerdom to your book shelf.