It feels like every other day there’s some (deserved) social media drag of a beauty company that just can’t get shade inclusion right. As much as the beauty biz has evolved in recent decades, finding brands with concealer and foundation options that span the skintone spectrum remains a struggle. Thankfully, there actually is a solid crop that just gets it. From not-weird undertones to a truly extensive shade range, this batch offers some of the best bases for hiding blemishes.
1. Lancôme Teint Idol Ultra Wear Camouflage Concealer in Suede ($31): Base makeup on the darker end tends to feature a slightly off one-shade-fits-all undertone. This comes in either neutral, warm, or cool undertone options so that it makes a perfect match.
2. Revolution Beauty Conceal & Define in C17 ($7): Behold, the full coverage beauty buy that you can use to both hide imperfection and carve out some cheekbones.
3. Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer ($48): If any one of the 16 shades that this multi-use cream comes in doesn’t work for you, have your exact hue custom made through the brand’s exclusive service at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC.
4. NYX Gotcha Covered Concealer in Cappuccino ($6): With at least seven options of this powerful concealer that’ll work on darker skin, all of your blemish-hiding problems are solved. Plus its waterproof formula stays put through the day or night out.
5. Miss A AOA Studio Wonder Cover HD Concealer in Suede ($1): Don’t be deceived by the inexpensive price tag — yes, it’s really only a buck! Quality isn’t compromised with this vegan, creamy cover that comes in five shades for brown skin.
6. Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Amande ($30): Ask any pro what their top three concealers are and this is sure to be in the mix. The tones are complementary for pretty much any skintone, and this super creamy formula melts effortlessly into skin when applied.
7. Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Espresso ($25): Here’s a multi-tasking product that you can use to conceal and contour with ease. It’s a cream-to-powder longlasting formula that you won’t have to worry about caking up after a few hours of wear.
8. Black Opal Total Coverage Face & Body Concealer ($9): When you need serious coverage for your face and beyond (i.e. hiding a tattoo or a scar), give this full-body makeup a whirl without worrying about it smudging off onto your clothes.
Already have a favorite concealer? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.