Contouring was a huge beauty trend last year thanks to the Kardashians and, well, basically anyone who wanted to add a little definition and shape to their face. This year, non-touring — AKA opting for a toned down, muted look — became a hit. While personally I can get down with both trends, there is something to be said about having super-defined cheekbones. A touch of color in the right places paired with a sheer wash of highlighter can seriously work magic on your face. Here are five contouring products that make the makeup trend a cinch.
1. NYX Cosmetics Wonder Stick ($12): I love this contouring stick, mostly because the highlighter end is a wondrous one-stop-shop product. The highlighter works as a seriously legit concealer and has the consistency of a heavy-duty covering product, but blends really easily at the same time. The darker, contouring side packs enough pigment to warm up your face, but not so much that it leaves you looking dirty (which is a sign of a low-quality contouring product).
2. TYRA Beauty 2 Minute TYOVER Contour and Highlight Duo ($35): When you snag this set, you’ll score two creamy sticks that are basically foolproof contouring tools. You can choose your shade to ensure the products aren’t too light or too dark, and then bring those cheekbones out by blending it in using your fingers or a damp makeup sponge. Brit + Co partner Tyra Banks is a proponent of being confident with your natural beauty, and these products are subtle enough to enhance — rather than cover up — what you’re working with.
3. NARS Sculpting Multiple Duo ($39): I couldn’t have gotten through the summer without this bad boy. Its design makes it easy to travel with (less to pack, hooray!), but it’s also one of the best contour products I’ve used. I’m a big fan of the powder version of NARS’s bronzer, and I love this creamy version too. The highlighter packs just the right amount of shimmer without being over-the-top glittery.
4. Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Contour ($23): If you haven’t tried Clinique’s Chubby Sticks, you’re missing TF out. I’ve loved them for a long time because they’re so versatile — you can use them for your lips, eyes and cheeks! I was stoked to try the contour version of this line, and it definitely doesn’t disappoint. Its highly blendable formula makes it easy to use this product on the go if you want a quick pick-me-up in the middle of the day — your fingers will do the trick.
5. Trestique Bronzer Stick ($34): Beyond the fact that they’re truly awesome products, I can never get enough of the innovation behind the design of Trestique offerings — and this next-level contouring product exemplifies that. Toss this in your purse and you’re 100-percent set: This product includes a blendable, bronzey contouring cream on one end and a perfect brush on the other. Boom!
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty obsessions.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.