A Dozen Valentine’s Gift Ideas for Your BFF
It’s not that we’re anti-Valentine’s Day, it’s just that we’re extremely pro Gal-entine’s Day (get it?). You know, that special day of the year when you celebrate everything that you and your best buds love—the girly, the geeky, and the great. This no-boys-allowed holiday puts besties before boos in the most fun-filled way possible: with flawlessly manicured high-fives, lots of gawking over RyGos, and maybe one too many matching accessories… at least in our book. Check out these Brit-approved ways you can get in on the celebration with our ultimate Galentine’s Day gift guide.
2. Boyfriend Pint Glass ($8 or 2 for $10): We’ll toast to sistas before mistas any day!
3. 100 Reasons to Love Ryan Gosling ($17): Reasons in this paperback include “Public displays of torso” (photographic evidence included, obviously), and “He’s a Scorpio.” Schedule a sleepover asap.
4. Monki Two Pack Kennt Beanie ($23): Same wavelength? Same beanie! Take this rad look straight to the photo booth to commemorate the good times.
5. Deborah Lippmann Girls-Inspired Nail Polish Gift Set ($45): Shut up! Our favorite gaggle of girls have inspired one seriously covetable nail polish set from the hottest name in the game. Match your nail color with the Girls character you vibe with best—whether it’s Hannah’s “Hapless Hunter Green” or Marnie’s “Prim and Proper Pink,” your tips will be in top form.
6. Asos L Friendship Bracelet ($10): We couldn’t write a Galentine’s Day roundup without including the ultimate BFF accessory: the friendship bracelet. While we’re giving this adjustable, monogrammed number from Asos a high score, be sure to flesh out the rest of your collection DIY-style.
7. Smilehigh Beaded Zip Pouch ($14): No one understands your pizza obsession quite like your bestie, and vice versa. Gift this pizza pouch to show just how much you get it.
8. My Girls Crop Tee Set ($65): Cher and Dionne. Romy and Michele. And now thanks to these cropped tees, it’s official: you and your bestie are the most bitchin’ duo on the block.
9. 1990s Coloring Book ($8): If you and your gal pals are children of the ‘90s, then there’s no better bonding than that which can be done over this 1990s coloring book. The outlines of retro gadgets and grungy gear don’t disappoint: color everything from rollerblades and boom boxes to slap bracelets and yin yangs (yin yangs!).
10. Glow-In-The-Dark Ouija Board Game ($34): If you and your BFFs prefer The Craft to Clueless, then we recommend you break out the Ouija board at your next girls-only soiree. This new edition glows in the dark, solacing scaredy-cats during the mini seance.
11. Besties Temporary Tattoos ($5): We all know that the two things that last forever are tattoos and best friends, but still, we might opt to show our love for our P.I.C with a more temporary adornment. In this case, we recommend you turn to Tattly!
12. NastyGal Girls Rule Tank ($38): Yep, we have no problem reverting back to our 8th grade selves. On that note, someone cue up the Spice Girls, stat!
Do you celebrate Galentine’s Day? What gifts are you getting for your gals pals this year? Tell us in the comments below.