Five Water Filtering Pitchers to Stay Hydrated in Any Situation
Today we’re raising a glass… to H2O! Back in 1993, the United Nations declared March 22 World Water Day, a day intended to raise awareness about issues related to freshwater supply around the world. To check out how you can take action today, hop on over to Worldwaterday.org. In the meantime, celebrate the fluid of life with these water filtering pitchers that’ll make you want to chugalug.
1. Most Portable: Eau Good ($25): This glass, BPA-free water bottle contains a piece of Japanese binchotan charcoal, which not only *looks* cool but also works as a natural filter, thanks to tiny holes that absorb impurities. Each charcoal stick will give you clean, crisp-tasting water for around six months.
2. Sleekest: Soma 6-Cup Pitcher ($29): This pitcher is every minimalist’s dream thanks to its simple wooden handle and clean, conical filter container. What’s more, for every Soma pitcher sold, the brand makes a donation to the nonprofit organization Charirty: Water, which works to provide clean drinking water around the world.
3. Best Color Selection: Brita Grand ($33): Forget boring black and white: This collection riffs on the classic Brita style with a rainbow’s worth of playful hues. (We’re partial to this sunny tangerine shade!)
4. Best Space-Saving: Brita Mini Plus ($25): Ideal for dorm-dwellers and apartment living, this baby offers all the benefits of a full-sized Brita without taking too much real estate in the fridge.
5. Most Industrial: Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher ($70): This heavy-duty filter pitcher is for anyone concerned with lead and/or fluoride contamination. Though most filter pitchers work just fine, this guy removes 2,000 times more impurities than the leading water filter brands and has been rigorously tested to meet NSF safety standards.
Which of these water filter pitchers makes you want to reach for a tall glass? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.