If you’re finding yourself always rotating between the same cotton tanks and flowy tunics, you might want to consider adding some unexpected pieces into the mix. Even though a cotton option is great on a hot day, who wouldn’t want to elevate their summer shirt while staying cool in the summer sun? Since not all sleeveless tops need to be basic, try on some of these standout tanks and halters that can jazz up your summer wardrobe.
1. Johanna Ortiz Romantic Travels Cotton Poplin Top ($850): Add a little romance to your closet with this decadent top, printed in sunshine yellow and featuring an unforgettable flowy tie at the back.
2. Central Park West Algarve Ruffled Cami ($118): Ruffles and pleats take your basic summer shirt up a much-needed notch. This breezy fabric will keep you feeling fresh while the adjustable straps will ensure just the right fit.
3. UO Lola Thermal Babydoll Tank Top ($34): Even your casual tanks can be head-turning. We dare you not to twirl around in this comfy-looking babydoll top that comes in six trendy colors.
4. Free People Pride Rock Halter ($98): This tie-up halter is anything but boring. Feel your confidence soar when you sport this colorful beaded style that works for walking around the city or attending your favorite summer music festival.
5. Poupette St. Barth Bety Printed Silk Top ($237): Soft printed silk and tassel embellishments are a surefire way to get compliments in this frilly and feminine halter.
6. ASOS DESIGN Relaxed Cami with Tie Shoulder ($40): Sometimes a tank just needs a little flair to level up. These tie straps and ruffled peplum design are guaranteed to turn heads.
7. ModCloth Stylish Vision Tie-Neck Top ($39): There’s a difference between simple and basic. While this sleeveless top looks minimal, the dotted motif and ruffled collar add the ideal amount of detail.
8. Theory Knit Classic Peplum ($255): This tank is the epitome of elegant and fuss-free. While it looks like your everyday tee, the peplum hem adds a bit of swing for epic style in and out of the office.
9. Reformation Bayley Top ($128): Lace up this slightly cropped style for a flawless summer look. You can wear it on a lunch date, to the farmers’ market, or on a tropical vacation.
10. Zara Sequin Top ($50): Meet your new going-out shirt. Shiny rose-gold sequins turn this easy cami into a top you can dance all night in.
11. CAMI NYC The Blain Cami ($172): Classic silk camis are a great solution to beat the summer heat, but sometimes you need a little something extra to help you feel fabulous. A crocheted tassel trim turns a ho-hum option into a one-of-a-kind find.
12. Club Monaco Caleigh Top ($148): It may look pretty straightforward from the front, but the devil is in the details. This cropped top has a button-back closure that makes it the quintessential summer blouse.
Do you have any recommendations for stylish summer tops? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.