There’s nothing more effortlessly sexy than a bodycon dress, the curve-clinging garment that puts your figure on full display. That’s x10 when you’re pregnant and your bump starts to overtake your shape. But don’t think of that as a reason to back away from belly-hugging frocks, because you don’t have to be Blake Lively to wear a bodycon dress when you’ve got a bun in the oven. Here’s the proof: 10 real women put their bumps front and center in the tight style and look nothing less than fab. Scroll through for the top #stylethebump tips straight from their street style snaps.
1. Get Twisted: More structure without the stiffness? That’s exactly what this twisted detail does on bodycon dresses, not to mention it cinches you at your smallest part — either over your bump or just below — to give you an even more figure-flattering appearance. We’d recommend at least one in every new mama’s arsenel. (via Moiology + WhoWhatWear)
2. Make a Statement: Straight from the book of Blake, there’s no better way to style a body-hugging frock than with a piece of impossibly eye-catching outerwear. Just remember, you’re not trying to hide your bump here, so don’t button up — drape your jacket on over your shoulders for a posh, cape-like effect or contrast your coat’s graphic pattern by letting a pop of color peek through. (via Harper’s BAZAAR + Hello Fashion)
3. Stay Cozy-Chic: It really doesn’t take much to enhance this maternity wardrobe basic when you’re in full glow-mode. Embrace a #wokeuplikethis beauty routine and keep your wardrobe cozy-chic to match. To get the look, grab casual pieces that will still turn heads (+ keep you comfy) like a wide-brimmed hat, a cropped denim jacket or a canvas tote that tells your +1’s story (aka the DIY bag you need to make now!). (via The Day Book + Honestly WTF)
4. Go Business Casual: When in doubt, toss on a blazer to instantly dress up your look. With a growing bump, look for button-less styles that retain the same drap-y shape no matter how big baby gets, or go for a long-line option that will slim your figure from your shoulders to your hips. (via Could I Have That? + The Fashion Guitar)
5. Stick With Stripes: Forget everything you’ve ever heard about wearing horizontal stripes: you *can* wear the pattern with a bun in the oven, and a body-hugging dress is our favorite way to pull it off. On this kind of garment, the stripes *will* stretch around your belly, but that just means the stripes on the rest of you will look utterly relaxed. Look for frocks with thin stripes or side ruching to keep your silhouette extra slim. (via Blame It on Fashion + My Daily Style)
How do/did you style figure-hugging clothes during your pregnancy? Tell us about your maternity style hacks (+ inspo!) in the comments below.