Channel Your Inner Blake Lively With 18 Chic Maternity Coats
We’re in love with Blake Lively all over again. This time it isn’t because of her heart-throb husband, or the fact that she’s as crazy about cupcakes as we are or even because she’s the most glamorous mom-to-be EVER. It’s because Blake has made it totally acceptable — and classy — to live in a coat. Rather than letting the bump become an obstacle for personal style, Blake has shown us how to embrace it. It’s winter (practically) and you’ve got a baby (bump) to keep warm. So take a cue from Blake and style that bump in the perfect coat. From fab outerwear to extra-roomy blanket wraps, here are 18 cozy-chic pieces to help you turn heads just like Blake.
1. Patch Pocket Coat ($198): This slightly edgy piece comes with lots and lots of pockets for tissues and lip gloss and lotion and snacks and all kinds of goodies that every mom-to-be needs on hand.
3. Lightweight Hooded Parka ($67): You’ll be asking for permission to wear this parka every day. It’s designed for every stage of pregnancy, complete with a drawstring waistline that might even work with your post-baby wardrobe.
4. Wide-Cut Yellow Coat ($99): Finally, an on-trend, on-budget oversized coat that your growing bump will fit in. Virtual fist-pump, everyone!
5. Pleated Swing Coat ($198): This swing coat is wildly popular and perfectly cut: not too short or too long.
6. Hooded Wrap Coat ($119): This wrap coat looks sumptuously soft. Go for the luxe.
7. Swing Coat with Contrast Faux Fur Collar ($162): Here’s all you really need to know: It looks great with everything.
wear a blanket?
9. Poncho with Fringing in Plaid Check ($198): Ultimate comfort meets contemporary, chic design in the form of an incredibly cozy poncho. Who else is dying to get their hands on this plaid piece?
10. Belted Padded Jacket ($105): Wrap yourself up in a cozy piece that’ll bring you warmth and turn any “frumpy day” to fab.
11. Belted Maternity Coat ($299): Belt that bump for a flattering effect.
need this classic trench in your wardrobe.
13. Oversize Coat with Waterfall Drape ($208): It’s kinda convenient that the oversized coat is on-trend — that belly will have plenty of room to grow.
14. Fold Coller Zip-Up Coat ($149): Timeless, sleek and sophisticated, in an Aubrey Hepburn sort of way.
15. Parka With Detachable Faux Fur Lining ($142): Stay warm and look cool in a faux fur-lined parka.
more proof: Here’s clear evidence that you not only can wear white after labor day, but you MUST.
17. Pendleton Chaparral Reversible Poncho ($399): Well, isn’t this an eye-catcher? Wear this stunning poncho and make a real statement today, then reverse and repeat tomorrow.
18. Michelle Kim Coat ($575): Want Blake’s real-life pregnancy wardrobe? This amazing coat is so adored by Blake that she owns it in all three colors.