20 Red Carpet Maternity Looks to Copy This Holiday Season
Think the only fun thing to dress up during the holiday season is your turkey and your tree? Well, well, well… then do we have a gift to share with all you mommas-to-be. Sure, decking the halls with holiday cheer and boughs of holly is a great way to enjoy the festive fun. But, who cares all about that fluff when you’ve got your very own baby bump to gussy up in maternity magic? For reals, it’s all good fun. To get your outfit inspirations flowing early, check out these 20 gorgeous red carpet maternity styles that are perfect party looks to imitate all the way from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve!
1. Dark + Daring: Navy and midnight blue are excellent in-between colors for expecting moms who shy away from black but don’t want to go crazy with color. For proof, we look to Reese Witherspoon, who stunned in this gorgeous shade at the Cannes Festival a few years ago. (via NY Magazine)
2. Floral + Flirty: Just because you’re celebrating the holidays doesn’t mean you have to dress yourself up in heavy textiles and dark hues. For maternity outfit inspiration that’s flirty and feminine — and perfect for all seasons — we totally suggest taking note of Drew Barrymore’s flirty floral look. (via The Daily Mail)
4. Fitted + Fierce: Blake Lively can do no wrong #stylingthebump and shows that body-con is a serious contender for sexiest pregnancy silhouette. If you can’t find a clingy frock that comes with an embellished neckline, grab your go-to statement bling (via MyTalk1071)
5. Silky + Draped: This sleek number worn by the oh-so-fabulous Kerry Washington is hands down one of our most favorite maternity looks to date. It just looks so comfy and gorgeous all at the same time. (via E! Online)
6. Blingy + Body-Con: Because holiday decor is all about shine and glitz, there’s no better time to shamelessly rock a bling-tastic gown like this sexy, curve-hugging piece Hayden Panettiere wore at the 2014 Emmys. (via Elle)
7. Long + Layered: If you’re in the late stages of your pregnancy, comfort is clearly a must of any outfit. To achieve fabulousness and comfort all in one maternity look, this layered silhouette is definitely the style to steal. Hey, if it’s good enough for the Queen, right? (via Parents)
8. Bright + Bold: Claire Danes wowed when she stepped onto the Emmys’ red carpet in this dress, and it’s not hard to see why: it’s an easy-to-wear cut in an eye-popping color — two things that are perfect for a holiday party in our book. (via Project Nursery)
9. Long + Lacy: Oh, Jenna, how we envy you. First, you scooped up Channing Tatum, and then you aced chic pregnancy style, too. Seriously, we’re in awe of the fun way she put a twist on the classic black (maternity) dress. (via US Magazine)
10. Fun + Fashion-Forward: If you’re the kind of mom-to-be who loves to dress her bump in statement-worthy pieces, then look no further than this jaw-dropping beauty worn by the brilliant Gwen Stefani — fringe everywhere! (via That is Fancy)
11. Short + Sparkly: The holidays are the perfect time to rock a little bling, so we can definitely get behind Jane Krakowski’s short and sparkly number she wore to the Actor’s Guild Awards. (via PopSugar)
13. Green + Graceful: Although we’re big proponents of trying out unique outfit colors, we’re the first to admit that this beautiful, green-hued maternity gown worn by Angie is absolute holiday perfection. (via Glamour)
14. Black + Body-Hugging: You can never go wrong with basic black, but we love the way Heidi amped up her look with a form-fitting cut (let that baby shine, momma) and shimmery details. Your version might not be designer or couture, but you can definitely look just as fabulous with a similar style this holiday season. (via People Magazine)
15. Sexy + Sophisticated: A punchy pattern accented with sparkles? Yup, it’s clear that Ciara knows a thing or two about commanding a room just by slipping on the right dress. You can make it look effortless just like this red carpet diva by snagging this bold look for your next holiday party and rocking it with the confidence to match. (via PopSugar)
16. Classic + Chic: Accessory lover? Then pairing a basic black dress with some eye-catching jewelry — like Busy Phillips did in this memorable red carpet look — is a killer way to show off your favorite pieces from your jewelry box this holiday season. (via The Daily Mail)
17. Floral + Flowy: While everyone is wearing gaudy holiday sweaters, you can steal the show and demonstrate prints done right in a winter rose look inspired by this Rodarte gown worn by Natalie Portman.
18. Lace + LBD: There’s no better time to pull out your favorite LBD than during the festive, party-filled holiday season. Pair it with classic pumps and a sleek updo like Kristin Cavallari’s and you’ve got a fab bump-accenting outfit in seconds flat. (via Elle)
19. Casual + Colorful: Sure, holiday colors tend be confined to dark greens, cherry reds, shiny silvers and golds. But why not break the mold in a holiday look reminiscent of this bright color blocked maxi worn by the lovely Jessica Alba? (via The Huffington Post)
20. Pink + Polished: Zoe Saldana may have been sporting a Dior label when she stepped out in this pretty-in-pink gown, but thanks to its simplicity, we’re confident you can scout out a similar slip-inspired style with minimal wallet-squeezing. (via InStyle)
Alright, moms-to-be, which looks are you dying to don your bump in this holiday season? Share below!