This Crazy Face Mask Is Totally Blowing Up on Instagram
We’ve been there, done that with sheet masks and overnight skincare products, and now our K-beauty friends are introducing us to yet another treatment that’s causing a selfie sensation: the bubble mask. This foaming, effervescent, oxygen-infused treatment has been blowing up our Insta feeds, and if you haven’t had the pleasure of seeing one for yourself, we’ve got the skinny. Seconds after you apply the mask, the formula fizzes and puffs up in a sudsy foam that makes your face look as if you were the Michelin Man (hence the cray-cray selfie takers). It’s kinda freaky and definitely cool, but what’s really happening is that the oxygen-infused foam (the main ingredient that causes the fizzing action) is doing a lot of good for your skin — namely deep cleaning, brightening and tightening up pores for a smoother, fresher look. Want to give one a whirl? We’ve found the latest products that will give you perfect-looking skin and the perfect opportunity for a #bubblemask selfie.
1. e.l.f Hydrating Bubble Mask ($14): It starts out innocently in the form of a cool gel, but the true magic happens when you apply a thin layer and it starts to fizz. This moisture-rich formula has conditioning ingredients that get deep down into the skin, leaving your face feeling softer and smoother minutes later.
2. Peter Thomas Roth Brightening Bubble Mask ($55): This bubble mask — loaded with natural and proprietary brightening ingredients — is made for tackling serious UV damage, like blotchy and dull-looking skin. And here’s a bonus: That afterglow is perfect for achieving that no-makeup makeup look.
3. T.E.N. Cremorlab O2 Bubble Energizing Mask ($52): Thanks to the addition of soothing thermal water, this mask is great for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The oxygenated bubbles cleanse and clear away clogged pores and leave behind good-for-your-skin camella and acai berry extracts, two powerful antioxidants.
4. Caolion O2 Bubble Pore Pack ($26): Don’t be scared of the gray-ish shade of this bubbly mask. The active charcoal (which gives it that dark hue) and oxygen work together to clear away trapped dirt, blackheads and oil, while exfoliating ingredients gently slough away dead skin cells to keep your complexion healthy and pimple-free.
5. Miss Spa Oxygenating Bubble Mask ($7): We love how this single pack is totally road trip-friendly (as in, let’s convert our hotel room into a mini-spa!) when you need a pick-me-up after a long journey. The creme formula self-activates into a serious foam that exfoliates, brightens, hydrates and reinvigorates for a luminous, healthier look all around.
Want more product recs? Follow us on Pinterest for more skin inspo + ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.