In case you haven’t noticed, no-makeup makeup is having a major moment. We’re seeing the fresh-faced look everywhere from the streets to the runways, beloved for both its practicality and ability to let your natural beauty shine through. That being said, the title of no-makeup makeup is a tad misleading because the look does, in fact, require a bit of help from some products. But worry not because we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites that’ll have you looking naturally radiant in no time. Scroll on for 15 essential products for achieving that #wokeuplikethis glow.
1. Yuli Skincare M.E. Skin Fuel ($92): Whether you’re rocking a full face of makeup or something a bit more minimal, prepping your skin with a hydrating serum is a must for a radiant glow. Opt for something a little more lightweight like this oil, which absorbs quickly and leaves your complexion moisturized and looking dewy all day long.
2. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer ($7): This primer will have your skin looking flawless, no filter required. The translucent formula easily blurs out pores and blemishes, leaving you with a natural canvas for whatever is next in your makeup routine.
3. RMS Beauty Master Mixer ($38): This brand new product from RMS works for all skin tones, providing a warm, golden highlight that instantly gives your mug a lit-from-within glow. Dab a bit on your cheekbones, lids or even lips for subtle luminosity.
4. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer ($28): If you’re skipping foundation altogether, a high-coverage concealer is key. This particular formula is a fab option because it provides opaque coverage but is almost undetectable once blended in. The blurring formula is especially great for covering up those pesky dark circles that we’ve all had to deal with at one point or another.
5. Kjaer Weis Mascara ($38): Even when we aren’t wearing any makeup, we turn to a mascara to at least give our peepers a bit of definition. On days where you want to make your eyes pop without looking made up, opt for a super subtle product such as this natural mascara. The tube is also refillable, making it an eco-friendly option.
6. Artis Elite Mirror Oval 8 Brush ($65): A smooth and natural-looking base starts with the right tool. For streak-free makeup application (essential for a no-makeup look), we turn to these ergonomically designed brushes designed to evenly distribute product on our skin.
7. Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint ($26): Glossier believes makeup should enhance your beauty instead of covering it up, so it should come as no surprise that their base product provides the most skin-like coverage imaginable. The sheer fluid brightens and evens out your skin, putting you right where you want to be between barefaced and made up.
8. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Zinnia ($5): It’s that time of year where we find ourselves reaching for lip balm constantly, so when we want just a *hint* of color on our pouts, we turn to this product. The Zinnia shade is a light pink that adds a subtle touch of pigment, highlighting your lips without going overboard on color.
9. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge ($6): The key to subtle makeup is to blend, blend, blend. Flawless application is easy with this makeup sponge, best used damp to blend your base into a totally airbrushed finish. The tool works like a dream with foundation or concealer, depending on the level of coverage you’re going for.
10. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer ($18/0.33 oz): This primer will give your gorgeous mug an airbrushed finish before you even apply a base. The mineral-based formula minimizes shine and creates a smooth canvas, making the rest of your makeup application look less like makeup.
11. W3ll People Bio Brightener Stick ($29): Give your face that enviable dewy glow with this genius highlighter. The sheer formula can be built up in intensity but for no-makeup makeup we recommend wearing it sheer on your cheekbones and underneath your brows.
12. Benefit Gimme Brow Eyebrow Gel ($24): We haven’t all been blessed with Cara Delevingne’s natural brows, but this tinted gel makes amping up your brow volume a whole lot easier while still looking totally natural. The gel comes in two shades, each with volume-enhancing capabilities that give your brows some serious definition and hold.
13. L’Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream ($8): If you’re in the market for an all-in-one base to enhance your skin, a BB Cream is the way to go. This affordable drugstore option does everything, including priming, perfecting, hydrating and even correcting uneven tone.
14. Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint in Very Sweet ($36): Give your cheeks a healthy flush of color with this creamy peach pigment. The shade gives your complexion a touch of radiance without that obvious makeup look. Pop a bit on your lips as well for a beautiful defined pout.
15. Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics ($29): Give those eyes a bit of definition by sweeping a nude shadow across your lids. This set is filled with basic nude shades that will have any minimalist drooling. The shade Skimp in particular is a great pick for those no-makeup-makeup days since the pale nude acts as a highlighter to really brighten up those peepers.
Show us your full no-makeup makeup routine by tagging us on Instagram!