This Cadbury Egg Monkey Bread Is Your New Fave Easter Brunch Recipe
Easter is just around the corner, and whether or not you celebrate with an egg hunt or just a delicious brunch, this Easter Monkey Bread with Mini Cadbury Eggs is the recipe you’ve been looking for. Easy to make and even easier to eat, this sticky treat is speckled with mini Cadbury eggs, giving little surprises in each bite. Pair it with these classic ham recipes, and you’re good to go!
Ingredients (1 cake):
— 2 cans Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
— 1 bag mini Cadbury eggs or 1 1/2 cups
— 1/2 cup granulated sugar
— 1 teaspoon cinnamon
— 1 cup packed brown sugar
— 3/4 cup butter, melted
— Tools: Bundt cake pan
1. Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the pan. In a large plastic bag, mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
2. Remove dough from the can, and separate each biscuit. Cut each piece into quarters, creating 16 pieces per can.
3. Take one quarter and wrap it around one mini Cadbury egg. Repeat with all the quarters. Depending on how chocolatey you want it to be, you can put eggs in all the pieces or only put them in half of the quartered pieces. I kept it to half so it’s a surprise!
4. Once you’re done quartering and filling with eggs, put your pieces in the plastic bag and shake with sugar and cinnamon. Make sure all the pieces are coated.
5. Arrange them in the Bundt cake pan.
6. Mix the brown sugar and melted butter together, and drizzle over the cake.
7. Bake it for 30-40 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and the insides aren’t too gooey. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate. Enjoy!
Get that sugar ready!
Wrap the dough around the egg, and roll it between your hands to form a little ball so the egg doesn’t pop out.
Make 32 dough balls in total.
Toss ’em in the bag and shake!
Make sure every little piece is covered in glorious sugar.
Place them in the bundt cake pan, and layer more mini Cadbury eggs within the dough if you’d like! Add your butter and sugar, and place your cake in the oven.
Don’t worry if it doesn’t look like much because boy, does that dough expand!
Top off the warm monkey bread with some ice cream!
It’s like a food Easter egg hunt — the best kind.
Show us your Easter monkey bread by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!