8 Calming Beauty Products to Help You Chill Out for National Relaxation Day
Yup, National Relaxation Day is for reals. Of course, an ideal celebration would be to hang out in your she shed and have an on-call glam team give you a facial and a massage. But a way simpler (and cheaper) idea is to use calming beauty products that will take you from stressed to zen in no time flat (she shed optional). Sound like a plan? We’ve got you covered with the latest lotions, cleansers, scents, creams and other zen products that enhance your mood and make relaxation a reality. So go ahead, say ahh and try one or all of these relaxing treatments now.
1. Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches With Soothing Cornflower ($24): Need a cat nap? These patches loaded with cornflower extract relax and soothe tired, stressed-out eyes. Sit back and take 20 while these get to work smoothing away fine lines, bringing down puffiness and brightening up those dark, dreary under-eye circles.
2. Shiseido Ibuki Beauty Sleeping Mask ($40): Rest easy on National Relaxation Day, and every night thereafter, with this dreamy sleeping mask loaded with antioxidant vitamins and plant extracts to undo the day’s damage. The gentle violet fragrance lulls you into a sleepy mood — and when you wake up, your skin looks refreshed and glowy.
3. Maison Margiela “REPLICA” Lazy Sunday Morning ($125): What could be better than a lazy Sunday morning lounging in bed? Bottle up that feeling and spritz it on whenever you feel the least bit strained. This scent has notes of lily of the valley, patchouli, iris and white musk to conjure up that cozy, soft warmth you feel on a sunlit summer Sunday.
4. Givenchy Mist Me Gently Instant Moisturizing & Relaxing Mist ($36): This moisturizing mist is a savior for parched skin and a scattered mind. The soothing, microdroplet formula has extracts of lotus plants and magnesium salts, which are known for calming on-the-edge nerves.
5. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Steamer Solutions ($139): Okay, so this facial steamer is kinda pricey, but when you think about how one facial at a spa costs about the same amount, it’s a bargain. The device not only turns your sink space into a luxe mini-spa, but the results — better product penetration, clearer skin and a relaxed feeling — will make this the superstar of your beauty routine.
6. Nip + Fab De-Stress Blend Relax and Calm Body Wash ($9): End your day with a long soak or shower using this calming foaming body cleanser. Sweet orange blossom and comforting sandalwood both help to quiet your mind and prep you for a good night’s sleep, while the gentle cleansers keep skin feeling soft.
7. Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm ($50): Clean up with this relaxing formula that has essential oils of tangerine and sweet orange to wash away any stressful feelings. The gentle, sugar-based cleansers remove makeup and dirt without stripping away natural oils.
8. Everyone Relax Aromatherapy Essential Oil ($10): You can’t celebrate a relaxation holiday properly unless you find an aromatherapy that helps you unwind. We think these essential oil drops with lavender and frankincense will do nicely. Drop them into a bath or a non-scented lotion, or even dilute them with water and use it as a room spray.
Want more beauty product recs? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.