13 Zen Items for a Mindful, Calmer You in 2016
We left 2015 covered in glitter and confetti, said goodbye to the stresses of the year gone by and clinked our glasses to the promising new blank slate and, as Oprah put it, another chance to get it right. Whether or not you have decided on your new year’s resolution for the year, committing this year to your health, well being and happiness is definitely worth it. Whether you want to create a positive mood, de-stress your day or simply zen out, here are our favorite items to treat yo’ self and give your body and mind the care it deserves.
1. Himalayan Pink Salt Bath Soak ($15): Who doesn’t love a deliciously relaxing spa day? Reward yourself for working so hard with this pampering, high-mineral bath soak guaranteed to relax your mind, strengthen your skin and provide your body with minerals and nutrients.
2. Sydney Hale Co. Eucalyptus + Sage Candle ($30): This calming candle is a must-have for your new lifestyle. Featuring notes of crisp eucalyptus, warm honey and stress-busting sage, this candle is perfect for creating a positive mood in your space.
3. White and Rose Gold Sona Connected Bracelet ($149): Wearable technology is all the rage right now, so what not use it to monitor your zen? This chic bracelet keeps track of your stress levels, activity and heart health throughout the day.
4. Zenguin Mugs ($48): How adorable are these charming Zenguin mugs by Patricia Carlin? Sip, smile and destress with one of these meditative penguins mugs, each with a different zen proverb printed on the inside.
5. Pucker Up Lip Scrub ($9): Get ready to pucker up! Look and feel your best with super yummy lip scrub in fragrant grapefruit and rose. Scrub a bit on your lips, leave on for one minute and then wash or lick it off: your choice!
6. Urbanears Plattan Headphones ($50): Listening to music is a great way to relieve stress, so why not look good doing it? Wear these vibrant headphones on your way to work, at your favorite coffee shop or during your favorite workout sesh and feel that positive energy (and music) surge through you.
7. Infiland Ultrasonic Humidifier, Air Purifier and Aroma Diffuser ($30): Turn on this all-in-one stress buster at home or at your desk, sit back and let your tensions slowly melt away.
8. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig ($7): Remind yourself of the important things in life. This moving look at how we live and how to live better is a beautiful pick-me-up any day of the week.
9. Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment ($18): Show your feet some extra love and attention with this popular skin-smoothing moisturizer that cools, deodorizes and leaves you and your footsies feeling fresh, tingly and weary-free.
10. Essential Oil Aromatherapy Roll On ($18): Smooth away all those rough edges with one (or more) of these 12 cold-pressed essential oil roll ons. To use, apply to pressure points such as the temples, pulse points, behind the ears, the neck or really anywhere that feels good to you.
11. Baby Rubix With Succulents ($64): Infuse the calming benefits of nature into your home or office desk with this adorable baby rubix with three complementary succulents to help brighten up your space and create a more relaxing and restful ambiance.
12. The Art of Zentangle Coloring Book ($13): Sit back and relax with this beautiful, meditative book to create your own intricate patterns and doodle your tension away. Whether you have never picked up any art tool in your life or you’re an expert artist, this inspirational sketch journal is a great way to listen to your inner voice and “draw” out your feelings onto paper.
13. Coffee First Scrub ($18): Light your favorite scented candle, queue up the Norah Jones and scrub up away the blues with this natural coffee scrub designed for use on the entire body, leaving nothing un-pampered. It also works to fade stretch marks, reduce cellulite, clear acne and leave your skin silky smooth. Score!