7 Fantastic Handmade Gifts for Feline Loving Friends + Join the Feastivities
Hi there! It’s Joanna of Jojotastic! Gift guide season is upon us! And, to start, I want to kick things off with one of my favorite themes of all: the perfect gift for inspired holiday entertaining for the cat-loving hostess in your life (‘cuz we all know at least one, amiright?). This is a category near and dear to my heart, especially as a card-carrying member of the cat-lady club and someone who loves to entertain. Today, I partnered with Fancy Feast and Brit + Co to share my favorite gifts under $50 that will have the cat lady in your life feeling inspired and jumping for joy, and to give you the details of the yearly Feastivities. I promise to keep the cat puns to a minimum… maybe.
1. Fruitfly and Mosquito Screen Printed Cat Apron ($42): I’m a huge fan of aprons because I tend to be a messy cook. This handmade apron by Fruitfly and Mosquito boasts a sweet cat illustration, a striped grosgrain tie and functional pocket. Plus, you can see the whole kitty’s body by peeking inside the pocket! So cute.
2. Stationery Boutique Little Black Cat Note Cards ($25, set of 16): Paper goods always make for a great gift, no matter the recipient. Treat your favorite cat lady to these adorable note cards made of slightly textured cardstock and paired with a craft paper envelope. Who knows… maybe you’ll receive one of the cards in thanks?
3. Humble Elephant Engraved Rolling Pin ($40): If you’re lucky enough to have a friend in your life who loves kitties and baking, this rolling pin by Humble Elephant is the ultimate gift. The rolling pin is made of solid maple and engraved with cat shapes to add a special detail to cookies, pies and more!
4. Gingiber Persian Cat Tea Towel ($18): A cute tea towel with a fat cat illustration is a great gift for any cat lover, whether she’s a master chef or orders take out every night. I love the fine details of this illustration by Gingiber — plus, the design is printed with eco-friendly ink!
5. Urban Earth Co. Can’t Even Right Meow Mug ($18): Quirky mugs and cat lovers seemingly go hand in hand, so why not treat your friend to this silly mug. Now everyone will know what’s on her mind!
6. Leelo Jewelry Supplies Black Cat Cork Coasters ($9, set of four): Help your cat-loving friend protect her coffee table with this set of cork coasters. The artwork is super cute, while the cork provides a natural, anti-slip and waterproof surface.
7. The Cat Ball Bed ($55): This gift idea might be a little bit of a splurge, but isn’t it so worth it??
8. Feastivities Holiday Ornament ($2): And now, for the Feastivities! Fancy Feast has focused on elevating the holiday season for cats and cat lovers for over 30 years (wow), and each year they make an adorable ornament. This year’s ornament is inspired by their Medleys products and is just so darn cute. For every ornament sold, $2 goes to Adopt-a-Pet.
Find out more about the Feastivities here!
What would you add to this cat-lovers gift guide? Tweet your response to us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)