Nineties redux is officially the trend that won’t die. From the Steve Madden Slinky to Lisa Frank to the Tamagotchi, it is an undeniable fact that everything old(ish) is new again. So when we noticed that small sunnies were popping up on every It-girl out there, we weren’t totally shocked. Selena Gomez, both Jenners, and both Hadids have rocked the style. That being said, are we ready to give up our oversized shades for a pair of undersized, horizontally inclined sunglasses? Unclear. The idea of channeling our inner Rachel Green and reliving our mall-strolling days definitely has its appeal. But we’re still on the fence. So take a look through some of the celebs currently embracing their inner ’90s child right now and decide for yourself if you’re ready for the small sunnies revival.
1. Is there a trend Kylie Jenner won’t try? The style chameleon is certainly not shy about trying out new looks, including these skinny oval shades.
2. Besties who slay together, stay together. Jordyn Woods also embraced the style in this clear framed pair.
3. Gigi Hadid opted for a red, angular style, because matching your shoes to your sunglasses is cool now. Who knew?
4. Selena Gomez went for a red option, as well. She completed the old-school look with an oversized denim jacket and a sweet ’90s updo.
5. Bella Hadid definitely got the memo. Throwback denim + small sunglasses = retro hotness.
6. Kendall Jenner went super teeny in these almost half-sized frames, balanced out by a pair of ginormous hoops. Because when you’re a Jenner, that’s how you roll.
7. Taylor Hill cruised to Coachella in a rock tee, tiny shades, and lots of style. It’s the It-girl way.
Want more celeb style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!