10 Celeb Festival Style Ideas That You Can Actually Wear Post-Coachella
Festivals present the perfect opportunity to indulge your most superfluous sartorial fancies, but translating your fave free-wheelin’ looks to the streets without looking extra can be tough. That said, we’re firm believers that nothing is impossible and the 2018 edition of Coachella proved it. Shay Mitchell, Justine Skye, Olivia Culpo, and more celebs put a whole new twist on festival fashion, donning duds that struck the ultimate balance between desert fantasy and reality.
1. Desert Sophistication: Leave it to Jamie Chung to capture Coachella’s carefree spirit sans cutoffs and crochet. The elegant silhouette and striped linen fabric make the getup feel fit for an after-work event while technicolor stitching and peek-a-book slits add a hint of edgy allure.
2. Dramatic Ditsy Florals: Channel your inner grunge goddess all spring and summer long by taking a page out of actress Vanessa Hudgens’ style book and teaming a flirty floral frock with layered necklaces and bold combat boots for a sweet-yet-sassy lewk.
3. Button-Front Bliss: Festival fashion that’s 100 percent fuss-free — dreams really do come true. Emily Ratajkowski gets bonus points for pulling off an enviable party-ready getup that embodies the essence of “one-and-done.” Whether you’re meeting the ‘rents or brunching with your besties, this effortless look will deliver every single time.
4. Kimono Cool: The key to nailing warm weather layering? The ever-versatile kimono coverup. Teamed with a basic bodysuit and high-waisted jeans a la Victoria Justice, you’ve got yourself a flawless ensemble that can kick it on casual Friday or at a late night gig.
5. Mighty Mini: A mini dress and denim jacket are a must for stints in the sun, whether you’re kickin’ it in the backyard or strolling along the seaside. Follow Alessandra Ambrosio’s lead and pair the killer combo with souped-up shades and an of-the-moment belt bag FTW.
6. Double Denim: When the heatwaves hit, bust out a bodysuit, high-waist shorts, and sneakers for a sporty chic look that will take you from day-to-night. Score a few extra style points by topping it all off with an embellished denim jacket that Justine Skye would most definitely approve of.
7. Lace + Leather: A LLD (little lace dress) can live on long after your last rendezvous with the main stage. Olivia Culpo had the right idea pairing hers with suede boots and brown leather belt for an OMG-worthy western ensemble.
8. Band Tees, Babe: When you grow tired of sundresses and twirl-worthy skirts, remember this casually cool getup from Pretty Little Liars star Shay Mitchell. Cutoffs and band tees will never let you down, especially when styled alongside next-level accessories (i.e. futuristic cat-eye sunnies, chandelier earrings, and lace-up boots).
9. Blazing New Trails: Proof that festival fashion is not one-size-fits-all, Whitney Port rocked this runway-ready #OOTD that’s equal parts comfy and cutting edge. Swap out the Birks for backless loafers for an office-approved look that can definitely do double-duty.
10. Quicksilver Stunner: As if their music didn’t already wow us enough, the Haim sisters showed up to Coachella in matching metallic trousers that made our jaws drop. The dramatic mix of metallurgic and bright printed fabrics is more than okay in our book and one we’ll be copying ASAP.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!