This Dude Style Staple Is the Summer’s Hottest Accessory
There’s nothing worse than when you see a picture of a celebrity style you just adore, such as Olivia Culpo’s monochromatic outfit or Stuart Weitzman’s Nudist sandal — and then you find out it’s really expensive to copy. Or complicated to nail. Or obscure (ahem, Emma Watson’s recycled dress, anyone?). But we’re calling it now: This summer’s hottest accessory is so brilliantly simple, it’ll blow you away.
The basic baseball cap is getting major play from celebs like Lorde to Doutzen Kroes to Victoria’s Secret Angel Romee Strijd.
And it’s not just with sweats or yoga pants — these ladies are pairing baseball caps with everything from moto jackets to fancy chain bags. The best part about this style: You can turn day-three hair into a trendy look within seconds. Here are a few styles that’ll make all of your summer looks head-turning — and they’re all under $40!
1. J.Crew Solid Cotton Baseball Cap ($40): Not sure if this is the trend for you? Start with something simple, like this basic cotton-colored cap. It’s the perfect complement to anything you might already be planning to wear.
2. B.P. Washed Stars Cap ($16): If you’re headed to a music festival this summer, this hat is screaming for you to take it along. Whether you’re in a white sundress or a Kendall Jenner-inspired festival outfit, this hat will work.
3. Goorin Bros. ‘Scusset Beach Cap ($35): Preppy chicks and those who are spending time in New England this summer, you might want to bookmark this cap from trendy hat maker Goorin Bros. You can’t go wrong with this great all-American style.
4. American Needle X UO L.A. Cap ($29): It’s really adorable how this hat took an iconic one from the Los Angeles Dodgers and made it lady-friendly in a pretty turquoise.
5. ASOS Denim Cap in Mid-Wash ($23): So, this is technically a man’s cap, but as long as there’s an adjuster in the back, you should be all good. This easy, mid-range denim wash looks great with everything from brights to simple black and white frocks.
6. Aviate Airport Code Hat ($35): These have been popping up all over towns, and for good reason — if you’re ready to represent, represent hard with your city’s three letter airport code. They’re perfect souvenirs from a city you’ve visited or great for starting conversations with people about your hometown.
Show us your best baseball cap outfit on Instagram with #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured image via Brian Ach/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)