This Dude Style Staple Is the Summer’s Hottest Accessory
There’s nothing worse than when you see a picture of a celebrity style you just adore, such as Olivia Culpo’s monochromatic outfit or Stuart Weitzman’s Nudist sandal — and then you find out it’s really expensive to copy. Or complicated to nail. Or obscure (ahem, Emma Watson’s recycled dress, anyone?). But we’re calling it now: This summer’s hottest accessory is so brilliantly simple, it’ll blow you away.
The basic baseball cap is getting major play from celebs like Lorde to Doutzen Kroes to Victoria’s Secret Angel Romee Strijd.
And it’s not just with sweats or yoga pants — these ladies are pairing baseball caps with everything from moto jackets to fancy chain bags. The best part about this style: You can turn day-three hair into a trendy look within seconds. Here are a few styles that’ll make all of your summer looks head-turning — and they’re all under $40!
1. J.Crew Solid Cotton Baseball Cap ($40): Not sure if this is the trend for you? Start with something simple, like this basic cotton-colored cap. It’s the perfect complement to anything you might already be planning to wear.
2. B.P. Washed Stars Cap ($16): If you’re headed to a music festival this summer, this hat is screaming for you to take it along. Whether you’re in a white sundress or a Kendall Jenner-inspired festival outfit, this hat will work.
3. Goorin Bros. ‘Scusset Beach Cap ($35): Preppy chicks and those who are spending time in New England this summer, you might want to bookmark this cap from trendy hat maker Goorin Bros. You can’t go wrong with this great all-American style.
4. American Needle X UO L.A. Cap ($29): It’s really adorable how this hat took an iconic one from the Los Angeles Dodgers and made it lady-friendly in a pretty turquoise.
5. ASOS Denim Cap in Mid-Wash ($23): So, this is technically a man’s cap, but as long as there’s an adjuster in the back, you should be all good. This easy, mid-range denim wash looks great with everything from brights to simple black and white frocks.
6. Aviate Airport Code Hat ($35): These have been popping up all over towns, and for good reason — if you’re ready to represent, represent hard with your city’s three letter airport code. They’re perfect souvenirs from a city you’ve visited or great for starting conversations with people about your hometown.
Show us your best baseball cap outfit on Instagram with #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured image via Brian Ach/Getty)