15 Ways to Look like a NYFW Street Style Star for $100 or Less
There are two things fashion girls can count on every September: huge bargains at Labor Day sales and top-notch fall outfit inspiration from the crowd at New York Fashion Week. The style tips we get from bloggers, editors and It girls running from show to show are nothing but next level, a mix of precise POV and go-with-your-gut instincts that make outfits truly great. While there are more chances than ever to see the shows first hand this season (did you nab a free ticket to the Givenchy show or DL the app for Rebecca Minkoff’s virtual runway headset?) you don’t have to have an invite to dress like a fashion darling this fall. Just shop this hand-picked list of under-$100 gems from your favorite retailers to get the Insta-worthy looks.
1. A Common Space Black Lace-Up Bodysuit ($58): Channel your inner Stevie Nicks for this badass take on the ‘70s revival trend. With a neckline down to there, it’s undoubtedly sexy without trying too hard and one of the easiest ways to elevate the most basic of bottoms.
2. & Other Stories Wide-Brimmed Wool Hat ($65): We all know that second-day hair is a fashion girl’s best friend, but as for days three and four – you’re pushing it. This season, a colorful wool hat is the key to giving your roots a day or two off, not to mention it’ll add a romantic touch to any look.
3. ASOS First & I Belted Waterfall Duster Coat ($63): Your statement coat should look like your most effortless layer. Nail that vibe with this waterfall duster. Plus, its crisp peachy color is so versatile, it’ll look on-point whether you pair it with an army green jumpsuit, a little black dress or your most colorful French-girl striped top.
4. ASOS Casual Maxi Shirt Dress ($86): We’re calling this *the* lazy girl style hack of the season: It’s casual, polished, figure-flattering (love you, drawstring waist) and has pockets. Toss your moto jacket over your shoulders and you’re good to go whether you’re rocking sneaks or not.
5. COS Triangle Leather Clutch ($89): Step up your clutch game with this sculptural gem that’s the perfect backdrop for a fresh mani.
6. Forever 21 Turtleneck Tunic ($25): Beat the cold in the most babely way possible with this chunky turtleneck tunic. Keep things playfully covered up with flow-y culottes and over-the-knee boots.
7. Front Row Shop Red Crinkled Layered Midi Dress ($52): While everyone else is rocking fringe, turn heads in the cooles ruffled dress we’ve ever seen. Keep all eyes on the texture of the dress with minimalist flats and barely-done straight hair.
8. H&M Necklace With Tassels ($25): You’ve proven your allegiance to minimalist jewelry, but a special occasion calls for something much more statement making, like this tiered rope necklace with gemstones and ombre fringe. Throw it over a boxy white tee and colorful wide-legged trousers and you’re practically ready for your #OOTD.
9. Lisa Says Gah Clare Vivier Fin Tee ($99): When it comes to graphic tees, you can’t go wrong with these guidelines: Keep it simple and keep it French.
10. Mango Pleated Palazzo Trousers ($100): Amp up the drama of your wide-legged trousers with these pleated pants that would look so cozy-cool paired with a bright, oversized sweater and lace-up flats.
11. Need Supply Gemma Bangle ($28): You can count on this green bangle as your go-to pop of color, but don’t let it fly solo — stacking bracelets are a big trend this fall, so mix and match it with your arm candy collection to add an instantly eclectic twist to any outfit.
12. River Island Orange A-Line Zip Front Skirt ($64): Stand out in the sea of denim and suede A-Line minis with this mod-inspired front-zip skirt that will look as cute with loafers and and a billowy collared shirt as it would with booties and a trucker jacket.
13. Topshop Java Buckle Mid Shoes ($75): Crush two shoe trends — snakeskin print and a clunky block heel — with one pair in these slingbacks. Your outfit won’t be the only one happy about the choice — because of the heel size, your feet will thank you too :)
14. Urban Outfitters BDG Suede Tote Bag ($79): If you can’t live without a trusty tote, period, then here’s the trick to making it feel as luxe as any designer bag — upgrade to suede. This emerald color is rich and goes with nearly any other trendy fall color.
15. Zara Long Necklace With Circular Detail ($16): Minimalist jewelry doesn’t have to be so teeny you can hardly see. Sport this two-tiered geometric necklace to elevate a boyfriend cardigan or update your chambray top.
What do you wear to amp up your wardrobe on a budget? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.