Is there anything better on earth than chocolate and caramel? Well, maybe. What if we told you we know of a dark chocolate cookie with salted caramel. Or a blondie cookie with chocolate chunks that’s stuffed with caramel. Or a dark chocolate cookie with caramel and crunchy pretzel bits. Or a chocolate and peanut butter cookie stuffed with caramel. Or a blondie cookie with salted pecans and caramel that’s drizzled in chocolate, just like a Turtle candy. Here are five takes on the chocolate caramel cookie and one looks better than the next.
1. Dark Chocolate Cookies With Salted Caramel. Sally McKenney’s chocolate cookies are like a tiny molten lava cake, stuffed with caramel. She chills the dough before stuffing her cookies. (Via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
2. Chocolate Chunk Cookies Stuffed With Caramel. Over at Table for Two, Julie Wampler takes a basic chocolate chip cookie dough and stuffs it with a caramel candy. She uses Fleur de Sel Caramels from Trader Joe’s, but you can use any soft caramel candy of your choice. (Via Table for Two).
3. Chocolate Chip Cookies With Caramel and Pretzels. Emily Hill stuffs her chocolate cookie dough with caramel and chopped up Flipz White Fudge Covered Pretzels. Soft, ooey gooey chocolate with caramel and the crunch of pretzel? Sold! (Via Is This Really My Life)
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies With Caramel. What doesn’t taste better with chocolate with peanut butter? Well, chocolate with caramel and peanut butter perhaps. Over at Flour de Lis they are whipping peanut butter right into their cookie dough, pouring warm caramel into the indentation, and drizzling chocolate over the finished cookies. Can you dig? (Via Flour de Lis)
5. Chocolate Turtle Cookies With Salted Pecans and Caramel. At How Sweet It Is, Jessica Merchant does a “turtle” take on her chocolate-caramel cookies. She employs salted pecans, caramels and an extra dose of sea salt for that perfect combo. (Via How Sweet It Is)