Warm Up With These 20 Chunky Winter Cardis
We know we’ve been tempting you with the thought of spring, but let’s face it… it’s still freakin’ cold outside! Even though stores are now filled with crop-tops and bikinis let’s revisit the cardigan. We’ve rounded up 20 chunky pieces of knitwear for you to snuggle up in while you drink your hot cocoa.
1. Asos Blanket Cardigan ($55): Dreary gray skies putting a damper on your mood? This rusty orange color will perk things right up, and pairs great with dark jeans.
2. Mara Hoffman Intarsia Sweater ($270): Hold up! This pattern is everything we could ever ask for… in a pattern. Bright colors + geometric patterns = super stunning. We know it’s a little pricey, but it is 50 percent alpaca fur. You know you’re worth it.
3. Band Of Outsiders Chunky Cable Cardigan ($396): This oversized navy cardigan is perfect for those freezing cold temperatures. We are loving the shawl collar and slouchy pockets.
patterns, and chevron is definitely one of our favorites. Pair this long sweater with leather leggings and add a belt to give it some shape.
5. Lace Insert Wool Cardi ($315): Contrasting textures? Yes please! We are all about this vintage chic approach to knitwear. The touch of lace makes this oversized sweater ultra feminine.
6. Winters Day Cardigan ($168): What caught our eyes about this cardigan was the blend of neutrals with the rich red. Leave it to Free People to create a pattern that we absolutely swoon over.
7. Chunky Knit Cardi-Coat ($175): Hold the phone! This chunky option comes with a banana pin? Now we can’t really understand the connect between a tropical fruit and an oversized knit cardi, but we are okay with it! Don’t worry, if bananas aren’t your thing you can easily rock the coziness sans banana.
8. Just Female Patterned Long Cardigan ($167): Love the graphic aesthetic? Go black and white with this lengthy piece. The thin lined pattern creates a subtle texture that will look great with any outfit.
9. Junarose Chunky Stripe Cardigan ($52): Now we couldn’t have a winter style round-up without a striped piece. This is a great piece to have because striped cardigans are always in style! Here’s a secret, to turn this timeless piece into a runway trend try layering the striped number over a floral or polka-dot shirt.
10. Jacquard Cocoon Cardigan ($138): When we saw the use of contrasting colors on this layer we were sold. This drapey knit is perfect for the freezing cold temps but is also a great reminder that bright colors will soon be okay to wear.
11. Menswear- Inspired Cardigan ($30): Let’s be honest, boyfriend’s sweaters… the most comfortable things ever! Now you can rock your own men’s inspired sweater. We are loving the coloring blocking shoulders mixed with the deep v neckline. Don’t be afraid to rock it with a flirty dress and heels.
12. Cozy Mixed Knit Cardigan ($43): This cozy cardigan definitely requires a nice hot tea and a good book. We love the combination of mixed knits. Totally snuggable.
13. Big Pocket Cardigan ($59): Nothing is more girly than this bubblegum pink chunky ribbed knit. Try pairing it with boyfriend jeans. Super cute!
14. Blanket Wrap Cardigan with Leather Sleeves ($36): Here’s a modern option that’s got a little more structure. The leather sleeves makes it more like a blazer and we love the edgier aesthetic.
16. Waffle Knit Cardigan ($23): This cardigan is a great statement piece for any wardrobe. We picked the bright lemon-lime option because let’s face it, we want spring.
17. Chunky Ribbed Cardigan ($39): There’s no way to hide it, we LOVE this color!
18. Colorblock Cardi ($168): Just say the word color block and you’ve won our hearts. The red bottom vamps up this sweater from grandpa to glam.
19. Vegan Leather Pocket Cardigan ($59): This sweater is a modern take on the classic varsity sweater. What is great about this one is the front leather pockets. Let’s be honest, they look great paired against the gray knit.
20. Diamond Pattern Cardigan ($25): We had to finish this cuddly round up with a bang! We are gushing over the royal blue and the diamond stitching. This is a must for any closet!