Crop It Like It’s Hot: 12 Cool Cropped Coats to Pump You Up for Spring
We know that we have months to go, but at this point, we’re definitely counting down the days till the first day of spring. With all the hardcore bundling we’ve had to do in the last few days—you guys got your below zero garb in gear?—it’s no surprise that we’re way ready to watch the trees turn green, the flowers around us to bud, and of course, to whip out some coats that are anything but puffy. So to get you as pumped for spring as we are, we’ve rounded up these 12 cropped coats that are exactly that: lightweight and ready for the leisurely weather.
1. Minkpink Pixie Crop Moto Jacket ($108): We love the faux denim finish on this wool jacket. In the realm of cropped coats, you can’t go wrong with a moto-inspired style.
2. Will Cropped Jacket ($175): This collarless coat is one for the want list. Its sleek silhouette makes it a perfect accompaniment to outfits both classy and casual.
3. Worldly Tribal Print Jacket ($38): This all-patterned style might be our favorite incarnation of the cropped coat: since the short cut is a bit unconventional in the first place, the pattern transforms it into a true statement piece.
4. Cable Knit Denim Jacket ($38): How can a jacket be so cool and so snuggly at the same time? The cable knit sleeves on this cropped denim jacket are really doing it for us.
5. Olivia Rubin Silk Cropped Bubble Hem Jacket ($125): While this bubble hem might not suit everyone, it is style blog bait that we just couldn’t pass up. Pair with basics like high waisted jeans and a relaxed tee to play up the pops of geo patterns.
6. Antipodium Woody Biker Jacket With Shearling Collar ($716): Yep, this cropped jacket is one serious splurge. But since that cozy shearling collar is removable, it makes it the perfect piece of outerwear no matter what time of year. We think that’s priceless.
7. Cool Knit Trimmed Jacket ($23): Here’s another casual jacket that we’re dying to wear. The faux leather dresses up this sweatshirt sleeved coat enough to rock with a hi-low hemmed shirt dress.
8. Cropped Plaid Moto Jacket ($60+): See, plaid can exist in your wardrobe past fall, and this is exactly the way to do it. While we’re all about the teal hue on that blue number, we’re pretty mad about the grey scale plaid.
9. Cleo Jacket ($158): This hybrid bomber jacket-cardigan is all that. The black shoulder panels give it sporty vibe that feels totally modern.
10. Burberry Brit Kirkley Cropped Biker Jacket ($750): Yes, a moto jacket can look incredibly chic—leave it up to Burberry Brit to show us. The details are what really make this khaki denim jacket something special, from the two-tone collar and the asymmetrical zip to the quilted panels on each sleeve.
12. Scalloped Parisian Jacket ($130): This cropped coat is the epitome of elegance. Just when you thought a black and white striped jacket couldn’t look any classier, Banana Republic adds a scalloped trim and frilly pattern to each dark stripe.
What other spring styles have you looking forward to March? Tell us in the comments below.