It’s the end of the day and you’re itching to get out of work to meet the girls for your regular happy hour. On tonight’s menu: your favorite martini, maybe even two. But then comes the end of the night, and you’re absolutely starving as you head home. What’s a girl to do? There is a very special treat you can now have a whole lot more of, and it’s cocktails with *edible* garnishes. No, not cocktail recipes with a maraschino cherry or a couple salty olives — let’s think big here. Think: a fancy candy or even a whole appetizer sitting atop your drink. For a cocktail that knows how to make a statement, look no further than one of these recipes complete with show-stopping (and drool-worthy) garnishes. Happy hour just got a little bit happier.
1. Glazed Doughnut Cocktail: Donuts and coffee are so over. Have your donut squared with a cocktail that tastes just like a donut. Pair that with a real donut, and voila! You’re in donut heaven. (via Host the Toast)
2. Cheeseburger Bloody Mary: This cheeseburger slider topped bloody mary is the stuff brunch dreams are made of. The sweet pickle and tangy pickled cherry pepper adorning the slider are the perfect complements to this spicy drink. Bartender, we’ll have another, please! (via Taste With the Eyes)
3. Junior Mint Martini: If mint chocolate chip is your favorite ice cream flavor, this might be your new favorite cocktail. It’s got only three ingredients and a cute little Junior Mint garnish. Yep, it’s definitely your new favorite cocktail. (via Your Southern Peach)
4. Maple Syrup Cocktail: For a cocktail whose main ingredient is maple syrup, there’s no better garnish than a waffle. Sprinkle a few crispy bacon bits on top and now you have breakfast for dinner. (via Tablespoon)
5. White Chocolate Mudslides: These white chocolate mudslides are *so* rich and creamy, but the little bit of Kahlua and Irish cream help to balance it out. For a mint chocolate twist, garnish with a candy cane swizzle stick. It’s a holiday party in a glass! (via Grandbaby Cakes)
6. Caramel Cheesecake Martini: This cheesecake-inspired martini is a dessert and nightcap all in one — and it doesn’t even have any cheesecake in it! Vanilla vodka, half and half and a crushed graham cracker rim make up this drinkable cheesecake illusion. Caramel candy garnishes boost the caramel flavor and give you something to chew on. (via Happy Food Healthy Life)
7. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Martini: This martini requires some extra planning. In order to make this cocktail, you must infuse vodka with Reese’s peanut butter cups a week in advance. You’ll need to give your mixture a shake every day, but the results are totally worth it. It’s like a fancy chocolate milk for adults. (via Daydreamer Desserts)
8. Bacon Swizzle Sticks: These bacon swizzle sticks are a genius addition to any drink. For starters, they’re great tools for stirring drinks. As you stir, more and more of that smokey, salty bacon flavor melds with your cocktail. Once you’re finished with your cocktail, enjoy your bacon snack. Try in a bloody mary or boozy hot chocolate. (via Serious Eats)
9. S’more Shot: Finally, a s’more that will get you tipsy! You’ll need to chew off this vanilla icing and marshmallow topping before you get your shot on. It’s hard work, but someone’s got to do it. (via Buzzfeed)
10. Busted Banana Barrel: This busted banana barrel is like bananas foster in cocktail form, without the flaming flourish. Garnish with warm caramelized slices of banana to take this cocktail to the next level. (via Mantitlement)
11. Grilled Cheese Bloody Caesar: If tomato soup and grilled cheese are the ultimate comfort foods, this inspired bloody mary with a grilled cheese garnish is comfort food on steroids. You’ll never think of grilled cheese the same way again. And why would you want to? (via Flourishing Foodie)
12. Salted Caramel Pretzel Martini: Salty meets sweet is the most accurate representation of opposites attracting. That’s why this cocktail will be majorly attractive to your taste buds. Chewy caramel candy and crunchy pretzel sticks further drives this point home. (via Daydreamer Desserts)
13. Smoky Whiskey Mule: This take on a Moscow Mule opts for whiskey instead of vodka. The brown sugar and chili rubbed bacon can be steeped in this cocktail overnight for a smokier-flavored cocktail. Now that’s a mule with a powerful kick! (via Chili Pepper Madness)
15. Chocolate White Russian With Brownie Garnish: There’s no wrong way to enjoy this chocolatey cocktail. You can eat the brownie first or dunk the brownie in the cocktail like a pro. Every way you sip it, this white Russian and brownie combo is delicious. (via Daily Appetite)
Looking for more creative cocktails? Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious ideas.