15 Healthy Donut Recipes. But Seriously.
There were so many raves over our healthy donut that we couldn’t resist sending some more healthy hacks your way. We’re not suggesting that you should scarf down a dozen of these bad boys in one sitting, but if you do, you won’t have a coronary on the spot. (Yippee!) So skip your usual over-crowded brunch spot this weekend and impress your friends with a batch of homemade donuts.
1. Pecan Pumpkin Glazed Donuts: And you weren’t even expecting them to be gluten free. Thanksgiving isn’t the only time to enjoy pumpkin. Paired with a cup of coffee, you’ll be smitten over the sweet, gooey glaze and crunchy pecan topping. (via Purely Twins)
3. Chai Spice Donuts: Sucker for chai lattes? Now imagine that in a donut. If there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s not to underestimate the flavor of tea. Rolled in cinnamon and sugar, these chai-flavored donuts will have you licking your lips and singing a sweet tune. (via On Sugar Mountain)
4. Olive Oil Mini Donuts: You might be thinking we’re crazy to even suggest olive oil donuts, but trust us when we say “o-m-g.” Baked with lemon juice and rosemary, these sweet little bites are perfect for breakfast or even dessert. (via Heavy Table)
5. Vanilla Donuts with Vanilla Glaze: While chocolate and fillings and flavors are nice, but sometimes, a morning just calls for vanilla. Nothing fancy but something perfect. These baked vanilla donuts taste like Krispy Kremes, but with half the calories. (via Averie Cooks)
6. Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Donuts: The name speaks for itself. Between the freshness of blueberries and lemon with the creaminess of yogurt, we couldn’t decide which part is our favorite. You won’t be able to eat just one, but don’t feel guilty. They’re packed full of fruit. (via Making Thyme for Health)
7. Coconut Flour Cake Donuts: If you’re thinking about going paleo, donuts are a good way to start. These are perfectly dense and coated with just enough chocolate for dipping in coffee. (via Tasty Kitchen)
8. Baked Red Velvet Donuts: Our two loves: red velvet + donuts. And yes, they happen to be adorable. But more importantly, they’re delish. With a cake-like texture, vanilla glaze, and sprinkles, we can’t think of any reason not to try these. (via P.S. Heart)
12. Baked Nutmeg Donuts with Berry Icing: While most donuts are berry-filled, these are berry-iced… making for a heavenly combination. Sometimes nutmeg can be overpowering, but combined with the tartness of the berry, this recipe is pure bliss. (via Vintage Mixer)
14. Mini Baked Chocolate Sprinkles Donuts: Sprinkles make everything better. Truly. So when baking donuts to save some calories, it’s totally acceptable to dip them in sprinkles. (via Kitchen Artistry)
15. Whole Grain Strawberry Donuts: We had to finish with a good and hearty recipe. Packed with fruit and whole grains, you won’t even feel like you’re eating a donut with this recipe. With minimal sugar, these are the perfect start to your morning. (via Plant Food Fabulous)
What’s your favorite healthy donut recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)