2 Classic Cocktail Recipes That Can Actually *Prevent* a Hangover
With old high school buds back in their hometown bars, the day before Thanksgiving has become known as the biggest drinking day of the year. If this is true for you, it probably also means Thanksgiving morning can be a rough one. But wait! You have pies to make and Tofurkey to cook up! To keep you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed every morning after over the holidays, consider throwing in a splash of one of our favorite mixers, Ficks Hangover Preventative Cocktail Fortifier, to that sweet shaker. Here are two classic cocktail recipes that promise you’ll feel a little better the morning after. Of course, drink responsibly, but you know that ;)
How to Make a Hangover-Free Whiskey Sour
— 2 ounces whiskey or bourbon
— ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
— ½ ounce lemon Ficks
— 1 ounce simple syrup
— egg white (this is totally optional, but we think you should give it a try.)
1. Add all ingredients and a handful of ice cubes to a cocktail shaker. If you want to look like a bonafide mixologist, (or if you want to make your measurements super precise), pick up a jigger and get fancy.
2. Cap it, shake it, shake shake a shake it and strain it into a tumbler or highball glass. If you go for the egg white, which gives this drink an effervescent foam, give it a little more elbow grease.
3. For kudos, run a wedge of lemon around the rim of the glass and garnish with a curl of lemon rind.
4. Toast and be merry! The vitamin B complex, amino acids, electrolytes and other functional ingredients from the fortifier will protect your liver and help you stay hydrated.
How to Make a No-Regrets Moscow Mule
— 2 ounces vodka
— 4-6 ounces ginger beer
— ½ ounce lime Ficks
— juice from half a lime
2. Top it off with vodka and ginger beer.
3. Stir and serve! The ginger root in Ficks’s apothecary-style mix melds seamlessly with the ginger beer, and it will soothe your stomach and prevent nausea. Sounds like a win-win to us!
Have a favorite bev that could use a little hint of citrus and a serious preventative punch? You can concoct your own cocktail that no one will regret the morning after. Just add half an ounce of Ficks and sip away.
What classic cocktail would you upgrade with Ficks? Tell us in the comments below, or show us using #britstagram.