The holidays are basically here, which means a lot of lounging and even more eating. Whether you’re spending Thanksgiving with family or friends, staying comfortable is key. And while most of us would love to show up to a day full of turkey and pie in our stretchiest pajamas (or our “Thanksgiving pants” à la Joey Tribbiani), that’s not exactly the nicest outfit you could choose. Instead, look for simpler silhouettes that have some give — pieces that can take you from table to couch and even post-meal Black Friday shopping, should you have the energy. Below, six chic options that are so roomy, you can actually get up for seconds.
1. The Group by Babaton Elmira Sweater ($165) and Mendel Pants ($125): Probably the easiest, most versatile outfit topping our list is this turtleneck-and-legging combo. An oversized sweater will keep you warm, while stretchy seamless pants are the perfect alternative (read: breathable) to jeans.
2. BP. Ruffle Sweater ($49): The benefits of this super-soft sweater are twofold; its ruffle detail is majorly on-trend and the color could not feel more festive for the holidays. Not to mention, the velvety chenille fabric has been making a comeback, so you’ll be giving a little nod to the ’90s too.
3. & Other Stories Crepe Dress ($65): Looking to get a little more dolled up? Opt for a flowy LBD, like this pretty printed number. Boots — whether over-the-knee or ankle — keep things casual, while tights and heels will add some glam.
4. Levi’s Premium Sweater Turtleneck ($248) and Sweater Skirt ($198): Meet your new sweatsuit! Save the hoodie for after your guests leave and slip into a matching sweater and skirt set. Equally cozy, but 10 times more stylish.
5. Splendid Crushed Velvet Pants ($148): If you’re not up for a dress or skirt, a pair of forgiving pants is a must, and these velvet joggers will do the trick. They’re sporty-cool, but the plush texture lends a special touch.
6. Moulinette Soeurs Hand-Knit Mosaic Cardigan ($298): A chunky knit always comes in handy, whether it’s your outfit’s focal point or just something you throw on over your existing look. Our suggestion? Make sure it’s long and fuzzy, like this colorful fleecy option.
Looking for more style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.