14 Haute Ways to Upgrade Your Sleepwear
Whether you’re an It girl in training or lazy girl fo’ life, we can all probably agree that slipping into a pair of comfy pajamas after a long day at work (or an epic GNO) is tops. Thinking about your post-office duds, pieces like oversized hoodies, college tees, flannel separates and live-in sweats likely come to mind. But, girl, it’s 2017, and while staying cozy is definitely high on your list of priorities, staying in line with your fine-tuned sensibilities isn’t something that should be overlooked (especially if you’re a fan of Sunday morning Insta pics). If elevating your wardrobe basics featured on your list of style resolutions to conquer this year, listen up! Below, we’re sharing some seriously swoon-inducing sleepwear that is equal parts cozy and chic. Scroll on for 14 must-have pieces to give your just-chillin’ routine the upgrade it deserves.
1. ASOS Premium Mixed Floral & Tile Print Satin Jumpsuit ($49): Pinch us; we must be dreaming. A jumpsuit with this much panache must surely be reserved for daytime shenanigans — WRONG. This botanical number is all about kickin’ back and relaxing. After a long day at the office, slip this bad boy on and proceed to treat yo’self to a serious Netflix and chill sesh.
2. Madewell Embroidered Good Night Shirt ($68): A good night’s sleep starts with cute pajamas (it’s science, people!), which makes this retro night shirt straight-up essential. Whether you rock it solo or team it with cozy flannel bottoms, they’ll usher you into dreamland in style.
3. Forever21 Get Me Coffee Nightdress ($13): After-hours is when your lazy girl style truly comes into its own. Let your duds do all the talking by slipping on this cheeky tee at bedtime — when morning rolls around, bae will take the hint.
4. Victoria’s Secret Dreamer Flannel Romper ($40): If this is what cozy looks like, we’re so in. Making a strong argument for staying in your pajamas all day, this playful pink romper will inspire you to do less. Breakfast in bed, anyone?
5. Chelsea28 Floral Print Satin Kimono ($59): Upgrading your sleepwear isn’t just a matter of swapping out sweats for a satin two-piece set. Gear up for a lazy Saturday morning spent sipping matcha lattes and nibbling on croissants in a fabulous floral kimono with major fancy lady vibes. Because every day should be a little bit glamorous, right?
6. DKNY Plaid Jersey-Trimmed Cotton-Blend Nightshirt ($60): Calling to mind piping hot cups of hot cocoa and intimate fireside chats, this plaid number was made for cozying up on a cool winter night. After a leisurely soak in the tub, toss it on with a chunky knit cardigan and shearling-lined slippers. Swoon.
7. Aerie Ruffles + Mesh Boxer ($35): As queen of the naps, you need a pair of chic sleep shorts that live up to your haute standards. Featuring a pale pastel hue and flirtatious ruffles, these pretty boxers are anything but boring. Layer on the love with a pair of knitted leg warmers and an oversized sweater.
8. River Island Sheer Floral Print Nightie ($46): While slips have officially become a street style essential, their origins lie in the bedroom. And this botanical beauty is bringing things back full circle. Sultry lace and semi-sheer fabric lend this stunner a healthy dose of sass, and ensure your style stays on lock even while you sleep.
9. LOVE Stories Reese PJ Pants ($95): To say we were obsessed with these geometric bottoms would be an understatement. When spring rolls around, best believe we’ll be adding them to our daytime lineup, styling ’em alongside silk camis, sculptural mules and statement earrings.
10. Victoria’s Secret Satin & Lace Cami & Short Set ($52): A saucy sleep set has long been on our list of must-haves, but up until now, we haven’t found one that’s given us that ah-ha moment. Be it the mix-and-match potential or the dramatic wine hue, we can’t say, but this irresistible duo has got us swooning hard. Best believe we’ll be making that lacy top pull some double duty (think: tucked into high-waisted jeans and styled alongside a boyfriend blazer, layered necklaces and block-heeled ankle boots for an upcoming GNO).
11. Hanro “Deluxe Boyfriend” Jersey Sleep Shirt ($185): Introducing the sleep shirt that is about to redefine the idea of roll-out-of-bed-and-go. On days when you’ve overslept, this wear-anywhere number is a savior — tuck it into a pair of classic jeans, then team with a statement bib necklace and block heeled Mary Janes for a flawless look that comes together in a snap.
12. Brunette the Label “Babes Who Brunch” Crewneck Sweatshirt ($79): Let’s not forget about all those sleep-related extracurriculars — AKA brunch — they deserve some chic new duds too. Whether you’re sippin’ on bottomless Bloody Mary’s or whipping up a batch of pancakes with your besties, this sassy sweatshirt has you covered on the style front. Take style cues from your favorite Insta style star and rock it with statement earrings, vintage Levi’s and embroidered ankle boots to snag all the style points.
13. Victoria Secret’s Body by Victoria Supersoft Low-Back Slip ($42): YAS. Pretty in peach is how you’ll be playing it when you add this super soft slip to your arsenal. Warning: This scene-stealer is so comfy, you might not be able to drag yourself out of bed.
14. Free People Printed Short Sleep Set ($128): Trust us when we say you’ll be looking forward to spending the night in with this celestial set on hand. Ditch the bar and invite your crew over for a girls’ night in — complete with foreign films, French wine and street style-approved PJs. We’re in!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.