Whether you’re an It girl in training or lazy girl fo’ life, we can all probably agree that slipping into a pair of comfy pajamas after a long day at work (or an epic GNO) is tops. Thinking about your post-office duds, pieces like oversized hoodies, college tees, flannel separates and live-in sweats likely come to mind. But, girl, it’s 2017, and while staying cozy is definitely high on your list of priorities, staying in line with your fine-tuned sensibilities isn’t something that should be overlooked (especially if you’re a fan of Sunday morning Insta pics). If elevating your wardrobe basics featured on your list of style resolutions to conquer this year, listen up! Below, we’re sharing some seriously swoon-inducing sleepwear that is equal parts cozy and chic. Scroll on for 14 must-have pieces to give your just-chillin’ routine the upgrade it deserves.
1. ASOS Premium Mixed Floral & Tile Print Satin Jumpsuit ($49): Pinch us; we must be dreaming. A jumpsuit with this much panache must surely be reserved for daytime shenanigans — WRONG. This botanical number is all about kickin’ back and relaxing. After a long day at the office, slip this bad boy on and proceed to treat yo’self to a serious Netflix and chill sesh.
2. Madewell Embroidered Good Night Shirt ($68): A good night’s sleep starts with cute pajamas (it’s science, people!), which makes this retro night shirt straight-up essential. Whether you rock it solo or team it with cozy flannel bottoms, they’ll usher you into dreamland in style.
3. Forever21 Get Me Coffee Nightdress ($13): After-hours is when your lazy girl style truly comes into its own. Let your duds do all the talking by slipping on this cheeky tee at bedtime — when morning rolls around, bae will take the hint.
4. Victoria’s Secret Dreamer Flannel Romper ($40): If this is what cozy looks like, we’re so in. Making a strong argument for staying in your pajamas all day, this playful pink romper will inspire you to do less. Breakfast in bed, anyone?
5. Chelsea28 Floral Print Satin Kimono ($59): Upgrading your sleepwear isn’t just a matter of swapping out sweats for a satin two-piece set. Gear up for a lazy Saturday morning spent sipping matcha lattes and nibbling on croissants in a fabulous floral kimono with major fancy lady vibes. Because every day should be a little bit glamorous, right?
6. DKNY Plaid Jersey-Trimmed Cotton-Blend Nightshirt ($60): Calling to mind piping hot cups of hot cocoa and intimate fireside chats, this plaid number was made for cozying up on a cool winter night. After a leisurely soak in the tub, toss it on with a chunky knit cardigan and shearling-lined slippers. Swoon.
7. Aerie Ruffles + Mesh Boxer ($35): As queen of the naps, you need a pair of chic sleep shorts that live up to your haute standards. Featuring a pale pastel hue and flirtatious ruffles, these pretty boxers are anything but boring. Layer on the love with a pair of knitted leg warmers and an oversized sweater.
8. River Island Sheer Floral Print Nightie ($46): While slips have officially become a street style essential, their origins lie in the bedroom. And this botanical beauty is bringing things back full circle. Sultry lace and semi-sheer fabric lend this stunner a healthy dose of sass, and ensure your style stays on lock even while you sleep.
9. LOVE Stories Reese PJ Pants ($95): To say we were obsessed with these geometric bottoms would be an understatement. When spring rolls around, best believe we’ll be adding them to our daytime lineup, styling ’em alongside silk camis, sculptural mules and statement earrings.
10. Victoria’s Secret Satin & Lace Cami & Short Set ($52): A saucy sleep set has long been on our list of must-haves, but up until now, we haven’t found one that’s given us that ah-ha moment. Be it the mix-and-match potential or the dramatic wine hue, we can’t say, but this irresistible duo has got us swooning hard. Best believe we’ll be making that lacy top pull some double duty (think: tucked into high-waisted jeans and styled alongside a boyfriend blazer, layered necklaces and block-heeled ankle boots for an upcoming GNO).
11. Hanro “Deluxe Boyfriend” Jersey Sleep Shirt ($185): Introducing the sleep shirt that is about to redefine the idea of roll-out-of-bed-and-go. On days when you’ve overslept, this wear-anywhere number is a savior — tuck it into a pair of classic jeans, then team with a statement bib necklace and block heeled Mary Janes for a flawless look that comes together in a snap.
12. Brunette the Label “Babes Who Brunch” Crewneck Sweatshirt ($79): Let’s not forget about all those sleep-related extracurriculars — AKA brunch — they deserve some chic new duds too. Whether you’re sippin’ on bottomless Bloody Mary’s or whipping up a batch of pancakes with your besties, this sassy sweatshirt has you covered on the style front. Take style cues from your favorite Insta style star and rock it with statement earrings, vintage Levi’s and embroidered ankle boots to snag all the style points.
13. Victoria Secret’s Body by Victoria Supersoft Low-Back Slip ($42): YAS. Pretty in peach is how you’ll be playing it when you add this super soft slip to your arsenal. Warning: This scene-stealer is so comfy, you might not be able to drag yourself out of bed.
14. Free People Printed Short Sleep Set ($128): Trust us when we say you’ll be looking forward to spending the night in with this celestial set on hand. Ditch the bar and invite your crew over for a girls’ night in — complete with foreign films, French wine and street style-approved PJs. We’re in!
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.