Pumpkin spiced lattes and colorful fall foliage are just a few of the perks of the cold weather. Autumn is crisp with new style inspiration that will give you all the (fashionable) feels. To help give an idea on which fall fashions are the ideal balance between cozy and chic, we turned to Christine Andrew, founder of ILY Couture and blog Hello Fashion, to show us her five most comfortable fall outfits for sweater weather season.
1. Comfort to the Max: “This burgundy maxi is the perfect dress for fall. I love the sleeveless style, but it’s also really easy to wear with a pretty leather jacket or cropped sweater for a chilly evening. It’s super comfortable so you’ll want to wear it nonstop,” Andrews says.
2. Transitional Pieces: “One tip to transition your dresses is to add a wool layer, like this hat, to make it feel more season appropriate,” she says. “Pair it with your favorite ankle booties to instantly give it that fall feel so you can keep them in your wardrobe rotation!“
3. Show a Little Leg: “You can transition your shorts into fall too — just add boots and a moto jacket! I’m obsessed with this pair, but another great option, if you don’t want to show much skin, is over-the-knee boots,” Andrews tells us.
4. Hints of Detail: “This white off-the-shoulder bodysuit is one of my most beloved right now! I am obsessed with the lace-up sleeve detail. I am constantly reaching for these jeans because of their unique wash and simple distressed details.
5. Go Gray: “The cold weather season always brings out my love of grays! This v-neck top is the most flattering shade of gray, not to mention it is sooo comfy! Add this item to the mix for layering options too,” Andrews says.