8 Cooling Beauty Products for When It’s Hot AF
With summer in full swing, there’s no point in asking Siri for a weather report each morning; we all know the day is destined for high temps and stifling humidity. By now, we’ve come up with creative ways to stay cool, whether it’s vetoing outdoor dining or getting a sweat-free short hairstyle. But as we head into the hottest month of the year, it’s time to up the ante, and these cooling beauty products will do just that. Frosty mists, soothing sheet masks and a seriously cool fragrance hack prove that if you can’t stand the heat, then maybe it’s time to reevaluate your beauty cabinet.
Milk Makeup, and this summer skin savior could be their most innovative product yet. This refreshing gel stick is formulated with rich marine minerals for a dose of cooling hydration. Stash it in your fridge and swipe on a clean face for a feel-good primer under your makeup.
2. Yes to Coconuts Cooling Lip Oil ($5): When it’s so hot even our lips are burnin’, we reach for this cooling lip oil. Prevent a lipstick meltdown and opt for a light layer of this treatment instead. Coconut and eucalyptus oils offer soothing relief during those dreaded three-digit-temperature days.
3. Oasis Quench the Day Hydrating Mist ($18): Sorry, cold-brew coffee, but there’s a new mid-day pick-me-up in town. A spritz of this hydrating mist, packed with aloe vera, sea grass and water lily extracts, is the perfect way to chill out. And with packaging this beachy, just looking at the bottle has us already feeling more refreshed and relaxed.
4. Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage ($30): The metal rollerball is the hero of this brightening eye treatment from Clinique. It instantly cools the skin and massages tired eyes. Apply it mornings, nights or even in the afternoon (like before a long meeting at work) under or over makeup.
5. Dr. Jart+ Water Replenishment Cotton Sheet Mask ($7): Nothing says “Summertime and the living’s easy” like a sheet mask — especially this one. It’s ultra-hydrating and leaves skin plump and radiant. Turn on the AC (and a little Netflix, of course) while you let this baby do its magic for the ultimate 20-minute chill session. Bonus points if you make room for your sheet masks in the fridge!
6. Maison Martin Margiela “Replica – Beach Walk” Fragrance ($125): Remember that, when it comes to summer beauty tricks, the fridge is your friend. Stash your favorite summer perfume alongside your Coconut La Croix for a refreshing spritz that’s equal parts cooling and luxurious. Plus, storing your fragrance in the fridge can extend its shelf life. Right now, we’re reaching for the one featured above, which has summer-ready notes of pink pepper and coconut milk.
Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray ($14), and dab gently over makeup to beat the heat.
8. Moroccanoil After-Sun Milk ($28): Pool days call for two things to help you keep your cool: A margarita and this after-sun lotion. Naturally cooling aloe will work wonders on scorched skin. Keep it in your cooler and apply it after one too many hours of fun in the sun.