11 Creative Ways to Stay Cool on a Hot Day
Summer is finally here, and the temperature is rapidly climbing. Since you’ve stocked up on the essentials, like a cute new swimsuit and a fun pair of shades, we know you’re ready to take advantage of all the fun activities this season has to offer. But if you’re looking for something new to beat the heat, we’ve got all the suggestions you need for having fun, in and out of the sun. These activities are guaranteed to cool you off on even the hottest of days.
1. Go for a Hike to a Waterfall: High altitudes often bring cooler temperatures. If you live near a mountain range, grab your friends and head up for a hike. Don’t forget a picnic lunch!
2. Go Paddleboarding: Paddleboarding has become really trendy over the last few years, and for a good reason. It’s a great workout and it feels amazing to be on the water.
3. Float Down the River: Buy or rent an inner tube and float down a lazy river near you. Whether it’s you and your BFF or a big group of your closest friends, you’ll have an amazing time.
4. Go Skydiving: Feel the wind on your face as you fly through the sky. It’s definitely not for the faint of heart!
5. At-Home Spa Day: Stay cool as a cucumber and treat yo’ self to a home spa day. Make a refreshing face mask, and you’ll be ready for an afternoon of pure bliss.
6. Head to the Movie Theater: Spend the afternoon watching the summer’s hottest movie while staying nice and cool. Movie theaters tend to crank up their AC, which make them a perfect getaway on a ridiculously hot day.
7. Go Kayaking: Looking for something active to do on a sweltering day? Kayaking will work your muscles, plus you can take a dip if you need to cool off.
8. Play in the Sprinkler: Sprinklers aren’t just for kids. Throw on your swimsuit and frolic through the sprinkler with your BFFs.
9. The Library: Spend an afternoon finding your next beach read while chilling in a cool environment. Libraries are the perfect spot to escape the heat and wind down for a little while.
10. Rent a Convertible: Channel your inner Thelma and Louise and hit the road. Let the wind blow through your hair as you drive down a scenic route with a buddy.
11. Make a Refreshing (No-Bake) Treat: Instead of waiting for the ice cream truck to drive by your house, make your own frozen treat. This Oreo and ice cream combo is seriously delish.
What are your favorite ways to stay cool during the summer? Let us know in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)