16 Ways to Use Copper Piping Outside the Bathroom
The copper trend has been going strong for a while now and it’s come a long way since that shiny tea kettle. It makes the ultimate stylish choice to add metallic flair to your home. Also used in vintage bathrooms, industrial-inspired copper piping has been revamped with a modern aesthetic that works in any and every space. Get inspired by these stylish decor ideas (and must-make DIYs) featuring copper piping.
1. Paper Towel Holder: All it takes is one trip to the hardware store to make this copper pipe paper towel holder in your kitchen. Plus, the suspended design saves valuable counter space. (via Squirrelly Minds)
3. Copper Wood Magazine Holder: Modern fabric dresses up this simple magazine holder made with wooden dowels and copper elbow fittings. Make one for you living room, office, bedroom, etc. (via I Spy DIY)
5. Copper Air Plant Holders: Copper couplings and elbows make industrial-chic wallplanters for your beloved air plants. Mounted on black leather, it creates a streamlined accent on a crisp white wall. (via Poppytalk)
8. Cement + Copper Plant Stands: Rough cement edges give this DIY an organic look to match weathered copper piping. A trio of three feels like a necessity for any modern reading nook. (via Camille Styles)
10. Himmeli Copper Side Table: This intricate-looking side table is actually easier to make than it seems. Based on the Nordic Himmeli technique for making Christmas decorations, hollow copper tubing is arranged together in a geometric pattern with white twine. (via Brittany Makes)
12. Pour-Over Coffee Maker: Epoxy holds the piping together for this DIY so it’s manageable without any fancy power tools. Plus, having a removable glass funnel makes this super easy to clean. (via Brit + Co)
13. Copper + Wood Candlesticks: An arrangement of copper elbows and wood dowels creates an ideal display for taper candles. Here, dark candlesticks provide a dramatic contrast to complete the look. (via Inspired by Charm)
14. Copper Pipe iPad Holder: This easy DIY will definitely come in handy in the kitchen and beyond. Copper pipes and fittings in the right measurements, along with some heavy duty glue, are all that’s required. We recommend fitting all the pieces together to test it out before gluing. (via A Bubbly Life)
What’s your favorite copper pipe idea? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)