All the Box Braid Inspo You Need to Hair Flip Through Summer
Let’s face it — we’ll never get tired of box braids. It’s amazing how something that seems so simple can be transformed into so many different styles. This classic hairdo is a go-to among protective hairstyles and a great way to display your individuality. You can break out of your comfort zone and try something bold and colorful without the commitment. Not to mention once they’re in, you don’t have to comb your hair every day which shaves major minutes off of your morning routine. Here are 19 box braid styles to inspire your next vacay look.
1. Rainbow Bright: Don’t know which color to pick? Choose them all!
2. Patriotic: Red lip with white and blue braids, someone’s ready for the Fourth of July cookout.
3. Think Big: Go big or go home with the jumbo box braids.
4. Ms. Keys: This orange dominated style with peeks of pink complement Alicia Keys’ skin tone perfectly.
5. Pretty Pastels: Soft and beautiful long-length box braids would look great on the beach.
6. Purple Passion: This soft purple is almost iridescent in the light.
7. Pinkie Pie: On Wednesdays we wear pink. (and Thursday, Friday, Saturday and so on)
8. Peek-a-boo: Box braids in the front and a pretty pattern party in the back.
9. Sherbert: Go shawty, it’s sherbert day!
10. Limelight: You don’t just shine, you glow.
11. Copper: Find a penny, pick it up. This copper-toned style would radiate in the sun.
12. Classic: This look radiates Brandy, “I Wanna Be Down,” ’90s vibage.
13. Pineapple Princess: Your summer is looking bright.
14. Cotton Candy: State fair and cotton candy, these ombre braids scream summer.
15. Streaks: Never underestimate the power of a simple highlight.
16. Short and Sweet: The shorter styles are great for hot summer days.
17. Go Green: Camouflage into earth tones with these army green braids.
18. Pumpkin: Bright rubber bands can add extra oomph to your style.
19. Chrome: There’s something sophisticated and elegant about this gorgeous grey mane.
RELATED: The Best Bangs for Every Hair Type