Spring is just around the corner, and with longer days and fresh flowers on the horizon, you may be starting to think about ways you can give a little back to the earth that gives us so much. You could add some spring vibes to your wardrobe or try out a new IKEA hack to bring the season into your home, but if you really want to make change and go green, you’re going to have to take it a step further. Follow these five tips and the eco-friendly products that make them easy to enact, and you’ll be on the road to a greener lifestyle in no time.
1. Make your makeup organic. Whether you’re the master of a heavy smokey eye or prefer to go as minimal as possible, makeup is most likely a part of your daily routine. Choosing organic options like True Natural’s Benecos cosmetic line will give your face the glow you’re looking for while staying planet-friendly at the same time. Benecos has a range of products, which include lipsticks, matte mineral foundations, mascaras, and more that are certified natural or cruelty-free cosmetics that are pure plant- and mineral-based.
2. Carry (and DIY) your own tote. Whether you need a bag to bring your groceries home or want a tote you can bring along to the beach, mall, or office, making your own tote is a stylish and earth-friendly option. Pick up our new Gold Foil Tote Kit at Target and you’ll be able to turn any boring old tote in the back of your closet to a super unique (and super cute!) bag to take around town.
3. Ditch the brown bags. Perfect for hitting the road or packing your lunch for the office, the ECOlunchbox is a plastic-free container line that is healthier for both people and the planet. ECOlunchbox has a variety of high quality, stainless steel lunchware containers that are ideal for packing food on the go, be it for a gym session, a work lunch, or outdoor adventures.
4. Upgrade the office water cooler. When you work in an office, it’s likely that even the best recycling programs are ignored every once in awhile. Say goodbye to wasteful plastic water bottles and hello to Bevi, an eco-friendly water cooler that provides a variety of still and sparkling flavored water options all at the touch of a screen. You and your coworkers can be sipping on blueberry cucumber, unsweetened peach, lemon lime, and more, all at the touch of a button. Plus, it’s a fan favorite at Netflix, Lyft, Twitter, and SoulCycle.
5. Switch out your personal care products. Unfortunately, for many of us, tampons are a tool we need every month of the year. But the big brands aren’t our only options. All-natural feminine care company Veeda makes tampons that negate odors and are conveniently disposable and also 100 percent biodegradable, even in landfills. Plus, they are 100 percent cotton and use no chemicals, dyes, or synthetics.
Tweet us your favorite eco-friendly products @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.