As the weather starts heating up, one thing becomes abundantly clear: Beach season is upon us! And while we start shopping for those stylish one-piece swimsuits and trying out our easy summer hairstyles, we’re also hunting for our new fave summer skin products. Surviving a long cold winter of dry, cracked and damaged skin means our bod deserves some extra love. And what better way to pamper your skin than by giving it the all-natural treatment? Better yet, go the DIY route and make one of these 11 body scrubs yourself. They’re great for brightening, soothing and exfoliating your skin, without exposing yourself to unwanted chemicals.
1. Lavender Body Scrub: Harness the sweet scent of summer and give your skin a spa treatment (without the spa prices) using this soothing lavender exfoliant. You’ll smell as fresh as you feel. (via Pastels + Macarons)
3. Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub: She put the lime in the coconut… and she made a pretty bomb body scrub. Take a break from your spring cleaning duties and channel some chill island vibes with this quick and easy coconut and lime body scrub. (via Handmade Mood)
4. Geisha Salted Cream Body Scrub: Get that sought-after summer glow using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. The lactic acid in the cream stimulates collagen production, which helps firm up your skin. (via Hello Glow)
5. Citrus Salt Scrub: You know how the saying goes: When life gives you lemons, make a rejuvenating body scrub. Refresh damaged skin and brighten up your day with some energizing citrus. (via Offbeat + Inspired)
6. Grapefruit Detox Mask + Scrub: Grapeseed oil is your new best friend. This all-natural product works wonders for hydrating your skin, not to mention the salicylic acid in grapefruit juice is perfect for smoothing out your elbows, knees and any other rough patches. (via Hello Glow)
7. Coffee + Vanilla Sugar Scrub: Energize your skin with — you guessed it — coffee! And we’re not talkin’ a vanilla latte. Start your day off right with this cool twist on a morning staple. (via Offbeat + Inspired)
8. Coconut Oil Body Scrub: As you probably know by now, coconut oil is a magical ingredient that can help with pretty much *everything* from hydrating your hair to improving your diet, so it’s no surprise it’s great for nourishing your skin too. Lay out on the beach looking silky soft all over all thanks to the divine power of coconut oil. (via Thirteen Thoughts)
9. Pineapple Sugar Body Scrub: Go on a mini-vacation without leaving your bathroom with this tropical-inspired scrub. Pineapples are a great source of vitamin C, which is an effective antioxidant for your winter-weary skin. (via Hello Glow)
10. Banana Brown Sugar Scrub: Achieve a youthful glow with this oil-free moisturizing body scrub. It’s packed with vitamins and minerals to help firm up your skin. Just make sure you don’t eat it all first ;) (via Brit + Co)
11. Chocolate Coconut Sugar Scrub: Life has proven, time and time again, that everything is better with chocolate. Here, our go-to treat acts as a deep moisturizer. Go ahead and try a bite — we won’t tell. (via How Sweet It Is)
Which of these DIY scrubs are you going to make? Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.