11 Must-Have Products to Maximize Your Summer Glow
It’s the middle of summer, and we’ve been spending as much of our free time as possible lounging by the pool, beach and basically anywhere we can enjoy the warmer weather. Even if you’re lathering on that extra SPF, your skin is no doubt going to get a little color, thanks to all that extra sunshine. Scroll on for 11 products you’ll want tucked in your tote to keep your skin glowing.
1. All-Over Shimmer Bronzer ($22): Add a little extra glow to your summer tan with this shimmering bronzing oil. This product contains Community Fair Trade honey from Ethiopia, various oils and vitamin E to keep skin nourished as it enhances your tone.
2. Bright Lipstick ($7): Choose a bright hue with a pinkish undertone to add a pop of hot-hot-hot color to your lips.
3. Cream Stick Blush ($6): When the temps start rising, go for a cream blush instead of a powder, as it is more likely to stay put through the warm weather. Use this NYX Cream Blush Stick for a look that is glowy and refreshed.
4. Tinted Moisturizer ($36): Say goodbye to your heavy foundation, and replace it with a tinted moisturizer. This BB Cream from Tarte also has SPF, meaning your skin will feel lighter and stay protected.
5. Bronzing Powder ($40): Whether you’re contouring or giving yourself an all-over glow, a bronzing powder will add a little extra oomph to your tan and keep it from looking faded. Plus, you can use this product year round to add a little color to your cheeks.
6. Protective Illuminating Hair Lotion ($22): Between sun damage, chlorine and humid weather, your hair goes through a lot over summer. This styling cream conditions and controls frizz, plus it is infused with UVA/UVB to protect your strands from the sun’s harsh rays.
7. A Dewy primer ($17): Not only does this primer keep your makeup in place, but it is also infused with honey, gold and collagen, neutralizing the appearance of discoloration and redness. The result is skin that’s luminous and radiant all day.
8. Self-tanning towlettes ($75): These paraben-free self-tanning towlettes are easy to apply and dry within seconds. Whether you need a touchup or want to give your legs a makeover, these are perfect to use for a last-minute application.
9. Bright Nail Polish ($9): Complement your glowing skin tone with a bright hue on your nails. The pastel pistachio color on this Essie polish looks fab on all skin tones.
10. Cream Illuminator ($1): This creamy gel can be used to add color to your eyes or lips, but when it’s hot out, the best use of this illuminator is to add pigment and brightness to your cheeks. This drugstore dupe works just as well as a lot of higher-end illuminators, but only costs $1!
11. Neutral Lip Crayon ($9): If you’re going for a faux no-makeup look, a neutral lip color can give you a little bit of pigment without looking overdone. Try this universally flattering lip crayon to keep your lips moisturized and pretty.
What are your beauty must-haves? Let us know in the comments below!