Our moms have always been there for us, teaching us amazing life lessons and giving us sage advice, so we think they deserve a thoughtful, handmade gift this Mother’s Day. There’s no better occasion to try some Mom-approved DIYs, and this colorful bath salt set is sure to be a hit with all the moms who love a good soak. Scroll on for the DIY deets.
Materials and Tools:
- Mother’s Day labels
- Epsom salt
- olive oil or jojoba oil or almond oil
- essential oil of your choice
- food coloring
- glass test tubes
1. Take the Epsom salt and add two teaspoons of olive oil.
2. Add 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil.
3. Add two drops of food coloring and mix all the ingredients together.
4. Pour the bath salts into the glass test tube.
5. Cut your Mother’s Day label and glue it as shown below.
6. Repeat to create more colors.
First take the Epsom salt and add two teaspoons of olive oil or any other fruit/vegetable oil of your choice. Next add 5–10 drops of your favorite essential oil. I used lavender, but you can use sandalwood, eucalyptus, or any smell you like. Then keep on adding two drops of food coloring and mix all the ingredients together.
At this point, pour the bath salts into the glass test tube. Use a funnel if you need it. Then download, print, and cut your Mother’s Day label and glue it in place. Repeat to create more colors and you’re done!
Place them in a gift box for an extra special touch ;)
Need some more Mother’s Day gifting inspo? Follow us on Pinterest for more DIY ideas!