15 Ways to Doodle on Your Walls
Facebook’s London office just got seriously decked out in some of the most epic wall doodles we’ve ever seen. Illustrator Geo Law was the man behind the pens, drawing entire fantastical scenes filled with little robots, cats, social media icons, clouds and basically everything else that tech folks daydream about.
This got us thinking about our extreme love for the art of doodle and hand-drawn wallpapers. Believe it or not, you can buy or DIY your way to a quirky, authentic wall treatment that’s as fun as this one. Here are 15 ways to get the look.
1. Lizzies Doodle ($68): This surreal cityscape can transport any room to storybook perfection. If you wanted to, you could even go over the design in watercolors like a giant coloring book.
2. Scribble Wallpaper ($83): A solid cross-hatching texture is always a good idea. It gives your wall that hand-drawn feeling, with a bit of a graphic edge.
4. Ohoy Wallpaper ($50): Even if nautical isn’t your thing, this boat pattern has a special kind of elegance to it. You may be surprised to know that the pattern was drawn by an eight year old… yes, seriously.
5. Submarine Decal ($30): Take your kid’s bedroom under the sea with this adorable decal, sure to complement any ocean-themed room.
7. Trompe L’oeil Picture Frames: This hand-drawn wall treatment is totally genius. The crafty homeowner drew each of these trompe l’oeil picture frames with a black marker, so that they could easily swap out their favorite family photos as often as they want!
8. Squiggly Wall Decal ($27): It’s time to get your squiggle on. Besides totally reminding us of Charlie Brown’s hair, this fun decal adds a little bit of spunk to your setup.
9. Mountains Wallpaper ($96): This print is a great way to go natural while keeping things linear and graphic. Those pops of yellow are inspiration enough to make sunny gold the accent color for an entire room.
10. Map Decal ($148): You can’t put pins in it, but we definitely think this global decal is kind of rad, especially in white on a dark wall.
11. Birds and Trees ($180): This cute little nature scene comes in different colors, all of them delightfully bright. Whether you take this one to the kitchen, bedroom or office space, it’s sure to make things ultra cheery.
12. Arrow Wall Decal ($28): Go a little rustic with these arrow decals that will have you feeling like you’re in a really trendy cabin.
13. Seascape Wallpaper ($94): With this hand-drawn wallpaper, your room will have some serious flow. We love the funky little swirls of these black and white seas.
14. Paris Cityscape ($65): A stroll to the Eiffel Tower is just a glance away with a Parisian decal. This decal even makes a cute kitchen backsplash when paired with some black and white tile floors.
How do you do doodle wallpapers? Let us know in the comments!
(h/t Design Taxi)