12 Super Easy DIY Favors to Make for a Large Wedding
Planning a wedding is all about balance. It’s important to stay realistic but to not give up on the wedding of your dreams. And if there’s one thing that can be done a lot easier and cheaper than you think, it’s the wedding favors. By now you’ve probably already realized that those absolutely adorable DIY mini-pies aren’t going to cut it for a guest list that’s pushing 200. At the end of the day, finding a happy medium between your dream wedding and your sanity is paramount — especially for a big wedding. We filtered through an abundance of adorable DIY wedding favor ideas and found the options that offer the best of both worlds. They’re affordable, just as cute as those magazine-worthy favors and easy to make for a crowd.
1. Sugar Cookies: Simple and sweet, these heart-shaped sugar cookies would look oh-so adorable in clear wrapping. Finish with rustic twine or luxe gold ribbon and a fun paper tag, and voila! You’ve got cute little treats for all your guests. You can pick up a cookie stamping kit here. (via Closer to Love Photography)
2. Mini Champagne Bottles: The easiest favors are the ones you can order in bulk, like wine or champagne. All you have to do is gather your bridesmaids and spend an hour dressing them up with pretty straws or cool tags. (via Mademoiselle Fiona Photography)
3. DIY Herb Salt: For the foodie couple, a custom salt blend is a great option. It’s easy to make in bulk and much more affordable than a spice blend. Just attach a personalized label and you are good to go. (via Style Me Pretty)
4. Mini Succulents: Believe it or not, you can actually order succulents in bulk from Etsy. All you’ll need to do is wrap up the base in butcher paper and attach a tag for a favor your guests will surely treasure. (via Camille Styles)
5. Hot Cocoa Capsules: Once you have all of the ingredients gathered (plus a few of your bridesmaids!), this DIY hot cocoa favor will be a cinch to make for a crowd. It’s ideal for a winter wedding. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
7. Party Crackers: Wrap up classic party crackers with tissue paper and gold ribbon for a cute favor that’s perfect for a spring or summer wedding. Complete the look with custom printed tags so you don’t have to write on each and every one. (via Style Me Pretty)
8. Personalized Mints: Make your day minty fresh by buying small mint boxes in bulk and dress them up with customized labels. They’re a cute favor that guests can easily bring home or slip in their bags. (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
9. Cute Candy Bags ($45 for 50): Looking for a super simple DIY favor? Fill up these vintage-inspired favor bags with chocolate candies, homemade treats or confetti.
10. Coloring Kits: Don’t forget about the kids! If you’re expecting a lot of families at your wedding, create these cute and easy drawing kits for the kids’ tables to keep the little ones busy. (via Something Turquoise)
11. Homemade Popcorn: Classic mason jars make a timeless package for delicious kettle corn or popcorn. Your guests will love something homemade, but probably wouldn’t know the difference if you decided to buy the popcorn. We won’t tell ;) (via The Knot)
12. Washi Tape Candy Jars: Who doesn’t love edible favors at a wedding? Order these jars in bulk and then spruce up the favor with washi tape that matches your colors or invitations. (via Something Turquoise)
What’s your favorite idea for wedding favors? Share your thoughts in the comments below!