18 Photo Booth Backdrops to Buy or DIY for Your Big Day
Even though wedding planning has its rough patches, it is important to remember that you are planning a giant, dazzling, wonderful party to celebrate one thing: LOVE. And of course, if you’re like us, a photo booth is a must-have for any party. It’s entertaining for guests and fun to document all the wacky, cute moments that go on behind the scenes (while you’re busy kissing your now-legal lover). So whether you have a few weeks or a few months before it’s time to say “I do,” these wedding-worthy backdrops are sure to make a statement on your big day.
1. DIY Clay Pod Backdrop: This is utter magic. Made by stringing clay pods together, this whimsical backdrop has a delicate, flower-like effect, allowing the background to peek through just so. It’s ideal for an outdoor garden- or woodland-themed wedding. (via Ruffled)
2. Sequin Backdrop ($36-$500) Crank the shimmer up a few notches with this giant, glittering backdrop. If you’re not a fan of gold, you can choose from 45 other colors.
3. Chevron Tinsel Backdrop: Up the razzle-dazzle factor with this gorgeous and unique tinsel background. Because let’s be real, why would you choose one sparkly tinsel color when you could have three? (via I Spy DIY)
5. DIY Ombre Tissue Paper: Apparently, knowing how to handle tissue paper will serve you well as you plan your big day. Feel free to choose monochrome, ombre or color blocking to go with your color scheme. (via Lovely Indeed)
6. Balloons and Banners: This one’s for all you golden brides out there. This backdrop is minimal magic with DIY cardstock banners and weighted balloons, which are placed at varying heights to make them really pop (but not actually pop). (via Free People)
8. Easy and Affordable Heart Backdrop: Two things we never thought would meet: chicken wire and napkins. Together, they join to create a bold heart, which is obviously perfect for any wedding. (via DesignLoveFest)
9. Yarn Banners: If you’re embracing your inner boho gal, these DIY yarn banners are your forever photo booth friend. Not only are they easy to make (if you’ve got yarn and a few wooden dowels, you’re set), but, when layered together, they create a uniquely bright backdrop. Major bonus: After all the dancing is done and the cake‘s been consumed, you can take them home and hang them on your walls to admire forever. (via Creative Bug)
11. Tissue Pom Pom Wall: Never did you imagine those tissue paper flowers you made in grade school would come in handy in your adult life, but now they have. Tissue pom poms and chicken wire is all it took to make this pink flower wall. (via Margot Madison Creative)
12. Pinwheel Wall ($595): If you’re short on time, never fear! Etsy is always here. This beautiful pinwheel backdrop is highly customizable, allowing you to choose the sizes of the pinwheels, the color scheme and whether you want the pinwheels to be tied or pinned up. This leaves you with a little extra time to relax and just enjoy the ride as an almost-bride.
13. Mirror Garland and White Lights: Everyone loves sparkly lights. They’re so simple, but have such a fairytale-like quality that make every single photo glitter with wedding-day romance. (via Apartment Therapy)
14. Succulent Wall: Whether you buy the succulents right before the wedding or collect them over time (as this bride did), the small plants make a beautiful, outdoorsy wall that feels at home inside. Once all the photos are taken, the succulents can then be given away as favors to your guests. Two for the price of one! (via Green Wedding Shoes)
15. Tissue Paper Garland ($175+): Feminine with a touch of bohemian, these garlands can be yours in just a few clicks.
16. DIY Pinwheels: If you’d prefer a hands-on approach to the pinwheel backdrop, this DIY details exactly how to achieve a patterned backdrop that will add some fun texture to your photo booth photos. (via Click and Blossom)
17. Floating Heart Backdrop: If you have a basic cream or white wall, this backdrop is for you. Sweet little hanging heart garlands let you blend into the background, yet still stand out. (via Hank and Hunt)
18. DIY Easy Yarn Backdrop: This gorgeous banner poses as an unexpected photo booth backdrop, especially when contrasted against a stark white wall. Adjust for a larger crowd by using a longer dowel. P.S. This is also one that would look great hanging up in your living or dining room. (via Ruffled)
Okay, dish. Have you had a photo booth at your wedding? Or are you planning to have one? Share in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)