Ah yes, the wedding favor — yet another sweet layer of fondant to top the cake that is your big day. Well, top this, brides. Here is your go-to list for unique, eco, DIY and edible favors that guests won’t throw away. When considering your bomboniere, don’t stress. We’ve got your emergency kit! Keep it simple; the wow factor is all in the thought — and the packaging, too! We got you covered on all fronts with creative, personal wow-worthy ideas to top the cake.
1. Fresh Plant ($10): These bright plants are a natural way to bring color to your special day. Double their duty by using them as table numbers and decor. Select from herbs and plants such as an olive tree, jasmine or rosemary.
2. Vintage Key Flash Drive ($55): Vintage French keys are all the rage these days. Pretty? Definitely. Useful? Not so much. Unlock the key to your guests’ hearts with these quirky USB drives. Load them with photos of you two for guests to unlock again and again.
3. Campfire Treat: Ignite a bit of nostalgia with this sweet treat, campfire s’mores adorned with a bow. (via Real Simple)
4. DIY Wooden Coasters: If you live in a wooded area, grab your love and go for a woodland walk in search of some wild flowers. (via Ruffled)
5. Sweet Shades: Wear ’em on your head or even as you wed! Select from fun shapes and colors or get them personalized. (via 100 Layer Cake)
6. DIY Succulent Terrariums: These tiny terrariums are the way to go. Make them extra special by selecting small stones from a lake or beach nearby. (via Project Wedding)
7. DIY Christmas Trees to Go: A lasting gift for guests to plant in memory of your big day. Find fabric that matches your theme, and you have one tree-rific gift. (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
8. Rose-Married Infused Olive Oils: Purchase olive oil in bulk, round up cork-topped glass jars, plant some herbs and bam! Classy guest gift! (via Christa Alexandra Designs)
9. DIY Bud Vase: Remember those skills from wood shop? Well, bring ’em. These vases can triple as decor, table numbers and takeaways for your loved ones. (via Project Wedding)
10. Tattly Temporary Designer Tattoos: Temporary tattoos are trending in 2014, and we’ve found you the hippest and coolest ones out there. (via Tattly)
11. Trail Mix Washi Tape Favor: A nice touch to a rustic wedding or for the outdoor aficionados, arm yourself with washi tape to decorate tasty pouches of trail mix. (via Ruffled)
12. Translucent Favor Package With Washi Tape: Translucent envelopes are used to show off your wedding colors in the form of a tasty treat. (via Delightful)
13. DIY French Meringues With Favor Box: Highlight France’s highly fashionable meringue in a colorful and playful way. You get a double dose of DIY with both the recipe and the container. (via decor8)
14. DIY Geometric Favor Box: Guests won’t be able to contain their excitement over these multi-faceted favor boxes. (via Oh! Crafts)
15. Digital Wedding Favors: Apparently, digital wedding favors are a thing. A thing we’re down to DL. Alert your guests to their downloadable party favor — a song, an app, an ebook, whatever your heart desires. (via Smarty Had a Party)
Do you have an idea that takes the cake? Let us know how you’re planning on wowing your wedding guests in the comments below.