Easy Holiday Favor Ideas for Everyone on Your Guest List
‘Tis the season to entertain, cook, and wow *all* your guests. Follow our RSVP series through November and December for tips, tricks, and inspiration. Happy holiday party season, all!
December is here, so let’s deck the halls, living room, and everything in between to get you ready for your holiday celebrations. If you’ve been following our series, you know my tips on holiday hosting essentials to elevate your party, and now it’s time to make your festivity the most memorable for your guests. Party favors are the perfect opportunity to infuse your personal touch and make a lasting impression. Scroll down for my advice on mastering party favors all your guests will be obsessing over well into the new year.
1. Pamper your guests. This Peppermint Bark Sugar Scrub from Lush has simple ingredients (sugar, coconut oil, peppermint essential oils, red coloring) and is just the thing to show your friends a little TLC this holiday season. Place the scrub in mason jars and group them together by the door for a beautiful favor display.
2. Make their taste buds jump for joy. Every year I make my famous Christmas crunch and serve it in a to-go “Santa Cup” (a red Dixie cup with a black felt belt with a gold buckle around it). If you don’t have time to make your own, pick up this delish South Bend Christmas Crunch from World Market. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this fun, festive treat.
3. Give the gift of scent. Who doesn’t love the smell of Christmas?! Give a stovetop simmer gift bag so your guests can create the ultimate cozy wonderland in their own homes. Add your own twist or stick to the classic ingredients (cranberry, cinnamon, mandarin, pine, etc.), or check out this World Market Sugared Berry Potpourri for all the Christmas feels.
4. Add a personal touch. Make your party guests feel extra special with a Monogram Coffee Mug to enjoy their hot cocoa or tea in. They’ll be sure to love, and most importantly, *use* your favor!
5. Get cozy by the fire. Wintertime calls for sitting on the couch with your family and cuddling up next to the fire. This year, give a fire starter like a painted pine cone decorated with a gold bow. No time to craft? That’s okay! Tie a ribbon around this Nordstrom Faux Fur Throw for a favor your nearest and dearest will cozy up with all season long.
6. When in doubt, bake something! One of our favorite Christmas traditions is baking homemade sugar cookies and decorating them. Send your friends home with a recipe card of your favorite Christmas cookie, a mason jar of the dry ingredients, and a cookie cutter. You can’t go wrong with sweets!
7. Make their holiday merry AND bright. Everyone loves a holiday scented candle. Whether you choose peppermint, pine, or cinnamon, try picking a unique scent for each guest. Add a festive bow and you have a quick gift all will enjoy. We’re loving the NEST Holiday Classic Candle this year.
8. Get them mistletoe-ready. Between mistletoe and New Year’s Eve, kissable lips are a must for the colder holiday season. Send your gal pals home with lip balm. My sisters and I are obsessed with this EOS Peppermint Cream, and it makes a sweet little take-home.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Rachel Parcell)