15 Holiday Parties You Need to Throw (or Attend!)
Whether you’re convincing your friends to pull out their ugliest Christmas sweaters or you’re serving up elegant holiday cocktails (or both!), we know there’s nothing you love more than a bumpin’ holiday party. This season, fire up your oven, grab some garlands and get ready to send out those invites, because we’ve got 15 fun and creative holiday party ideas that will have your guests rockin’ around the Christmas tree all night long.
1. Christmas Gift Wrapping Party: Check gift wrapping off your list while getting in some good hang time with friends. Invite everyone to bring their gifts and a few contributions to the supply table and then set up a gift wrapping station with paper, bows and ribbons. (via Brit + Co)
2. Christmas Cookie Exchange: You can’t go wrong with a table full of cookies. Have all your friends bake a batch of their holiday favorites and then set up a beautiful dessert bar, complete with small paper boxes, so guests can take home leftover cookies… if there are any leftovers, that is. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
3. Gingerbread House Building: No, they never look as good as the pictures, and sure, the walls always collapse, but building gingerbread houses is a fun and delicious excuse to dig into your holiday candy stash. (via Tikkido)
4. Christmas Cookie Decorating Party: Half the fun of Christmas cookies is decorating them. Provide cookie cutters, colored sugars and sprinkles and a mug or two of spiked hot cider for the grown ups, and you’ll be licking frosting off your fingers in no time. (via Brit + Co)
5. White Elephant Gift Exchange: Who doesn’t love coming home with something silly and random? Set a price limit and have each guest bring a wrapped gift. When it’s time for the exchange, you won’t be able to contain your giggles as you check out what wacky gifts your guests end up with. (via eHow)
6. Holiday Hot Chocolate Party: Grab your favorite mugs, hot chocolate mix and toppings like marshmallows, cinnamon sticks, candy canes and liquor mix-ins to get this party started. (via Always Order Dessert)
7. Christmas Tree Trimming Party: Decorating the tree is the best part of the holidays, so why not turn it into a party? Provide snacks and Christmas tunes while everyone gets tangled up in lights and glitter. (via Lonny)
8. Wreath Making Party: Head to the craft store for wire wreath forms, evergreen clippings, greenery and wire, then let your friends amp up their wreaths with easy add-ins like pinecones and berry sprigs. (via Celebrate)
9. Nightmare Before Christmas Party: Channel your inner Tim Burton and get Gothic with this twisted holiday theme. Bring out your best black and ivory decor and don’t forget to set out some tall candlesticks to set a dark and mysterious mood. (via Melina Souza)
12. Holiday Cocktail Party: Perfect for an impromptu after-work party with friends during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, make the hors d’oeuvres beforehand and you can pull off this festive affair in an hour or less. (via Martha Stewart)
13. Holiday Movie Marathon: From Elf to Love Actually, Christmas movies are hands down the best. Host a movie night with hot chocolate and popcorn to entertain kiddos and adults alike. (via Christmas Winter)
14. Marshmallow Roast: Light up your backyard fire pit or snuggle up around the fireplace — no matter what your setting is, you can’t go wrong with roasting marshmallows. Serve hot chocolate and some peppermint schnapps to wash ’em down. (via Camille Styles)
15. Christmas Costume Pub Crawl: Halloween isn’t the only holiday that gets all the costume fun. Dress up as Santa or pull out an elf costume and then hop from bar to bar with your group of besties. (via Tipsy Elves)
What holiday party themes are you enjoying this season? Talk to us in the comments below!