Between prepping for Thanksgiving and shopping for Christmas, it’s only natural to want to decompress by curling up on the sofa for hours while binge-watching holiday movies. This calls for mountains of pillows and piles of soft throws, obvi. If your decor is not as cozy as you want it to be, now’s the time to soften things up with a few easy pillow upgrades. Grab some yarn from your friend who knits or raid whatever’s left in your own crafting stash, because these DIYs only require a bit of the wooly stuff and super beginner sewing skills.
1. Cozy Pom-Pom Pillow: This is how you use two dozen leftover yarn colors all at once. Whip up this monstrously soft and plush-looking pillow in one afternoon during your next show binge. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
2. Yarn Fringe Pillow: If you’ve only got enough yarn left for a small fringe, create a piece of art. Just think of it as a mini wall hanging for your couch. (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. Boho Yarn Detail Addition: To update a bold monochromatic pattern, thread colorful yarn along the edge for an unexpected contrast. It’s like taking a giant highlighter to the design. (via Design Improvised)
4. Anthropologie Tassel Pillow Knock-Off: A good Anthro hack is worth its weight in gold, and this one is 24K because it recreates the exact look for a fraction of the price. (via Sewing No Mans Land)
6. Black Tassel Trim Pillow: Bright colors don’t always steal the show; sometimes black and white is just as bold. A tassel side like this is chic and easy to add to an existing piece. (via Lily Ardor)
7. IKEA Hack Pom Embellishment: First, hack your favorite Swedish pillow with a fresh color. Then complement the shade with a handmade pom for a whole new lease on life. (via The House That Lars Built)
8. Boho Pom-Pom Pillow Details: Marrying colors, patterns, and plush details is how to make your old accents new again. Yarn pom-poms in wild colors will refresh even your most well-worn pillows. (via Honestly WTF)
9. Stitched Yarn Fringe: Fancy cross-stitching is for your grandma, but you can try your hand at this much simpler and more modern version. (via Fall for DIY)
10. Pom Wording Accent: Instead of thinking about trims and edge details, make a statement in the middle! That’s where you’ll find the most space to get creative and try something different. (via Vintage Revivals)
Show us your pillowy creations by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!