Go Grammy Glam: 15 Edgy Looks That Would Rock the Red Carpet
Award season is upon us, peeps! And while we’re obsessed with the high glamour of the movie star-studded red carpet, we’re really looking forward to the outrageous styles that the Grammys grand entrance gives us! ‘Cause when you’re a pop star, anything goes! (Did you not learn that from J.Lo’s plunging neckline back in 2000?) So in true rock and roll fashion, as we’re picking the perfect Grammy viewing outfit, we’re passing up all things proper and chic for these 15 edgy looks that will definitely lift anyone who dares to wear ’em up to the ranks of Miley, Nicki, Gaga and music’s other superstar style risk takers.
1. So Fresh So Clean Blazer ($58): Oh, and you thought the point of wearing a blazer was to cover up those elbows? Think again!
2. Word Crop Top ($104): What most of the real world calls a sports bra, pop stars get to call a top. This scuba-style number looks totally Miley-approved, especially paired with high waisted hot pants.
3. Tripp NYC Prowess Suede Jean ($98): Joan Jett called, she says you look freaking awesome in those suede leopard print pants. Is there anything more rock and roll?
4. Aaliyah Faux Leather Tank ($38): When all else fails, choose leather. It’s a foolproof way to add edge to any outfit. Named after one of our favorite ‘90s pop icons, we wish we were half the babe Aaliyah was when we rock this tank!
5. Dress the Population Lola Sequin Dress ($138): Want an outfit that guarantees you catch the paparazzi’s eye? Then slip into this iridescent sequined dress and get ready to strut your stuff.
6. The Laundry Room #Selfie Muscle Tee ($68): This irreverent muscle tee totally embodies the rebellious spirit of rock and roll, and we kind of love it.
7. UNIF Gamma Ray Moto Jacket ($178): We’re loving this reinvented moto jacket that trades in classic black leather for outrageous holographic panels. Can’t you see Nicki Minaj totally killing it in this cropped and buckled coat?
8. Homies Dress ($144): We’re dying to see Katy Perry rock this shift dress at every afterparty. With its vibrant neon color and flirty mesh-lined cutout, we’d even give it a whirl!
9. For Love & Lemons x Vanessa Mononey Supernova Chain Bra ($230): When you’re a pop star, none of the rules don’t apply, for instance, wearing a bra under your shirt.
10. Plunging Peplum Bustier Violet ($42): Do you think this will be the year T.Swift tosses the color red to the curb? We’re hoping it is, and that she tries a look that’s a bit more daring, like this plunging purple peplum top.
12. Tripp NYC Lattice Leg Skinny Jeans ($78): Holes in your jeans? That was so ‘90s. Keep the cutouts decade appropriate with these geo cuts that start at the ankle and rise up thigh high.
13. Hot to Trot Skirt ($68): You know who would rock a red vegan leather pencil skirt right? Beyonce. We imagined it and it is okay.
14. NastyGal Unleash Crop Top ($38): For when a crop top isn’t cropped enough! We’re pretty sure we saw a selfie of Rihanna rocking this ditty on her Instagram.
15. Caged Heat Net Mesh Maxi Dress ($58): You guys, this is pretty much the same dress Miley wore to last year’s punk-themed Met Gala, and on that occasion, she totally nailed the nasty look. Spike up your hair, stick out your tongue, and the look is complete!
What edgy looks will you be rocking while you watch the Grammys? Tell us in the comments below.